new albums

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
After communicating with Stu -- I am trying to PERK this forum up by posting photos of my full living room table, kitchen table, shop etc.

these are in albums! Don't know how to direct you to them - not intuitive.
Don't know how to post a photo here in a thread - again not intuitive.

So if anyone would tell me how to do so (nicely) I would appreciate it.

If you can find my new albums take a look. yes my shop is messy! that is my personality -- sometimes I call it concrete abstract - to follow along with the psychological personality test jargon.
:doh:
paul

Paul, I've added a few pics over the past few months as well. :thumb:

If you go to your User CP (link in upper left of screen below the forum logo) you can click on Pictures &Albums and create albums and then upload pics.

Personally (and this is just my opinion), I don't like using photo albums on websites like this. When I'm showing pics of something I've made or I'm working on, I want to be able to tell the story with it as well. Conversely, when I'm telling a story, I don't want to tell people to go to some other location to see the pics of what I'm talking about.

But, as I said, that's just me. We have the album capability here for the folks who prefer to use them ;)

Vaughn, I agree with what you wrote...but...I added some pics to the gallery for people to see if they are interested to see what I've made or where I make them. This way they can click on my albums and see it without going to my website or searching a bunch of posts to do it.

I guess I did not communicate the problem where people can understand what I would like to do.

I have created an album and uploaded photos to it.
That was not a problem.

Quote from my original post.------>
"Don't know how to post a photo here in a thread - again not intuitive.
So if anyone would tell me how to do so (nicely) I would appreciate it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course I would rather tell my story in a thread! not in the gallery...
but making the thread with a story that has a photo in NOT real apparent.
that was what I was asking help for. i.e. post a threat with a photo...
~~~~~~~~~

Way too many years of teaching computer programming -- I need to drill a hole in my head to see what I need to do ---

Do you have a table full like this?

I think I have it figured out!
#1 living room table full -- time to give away again
#2 for those that do not like to turn OAK
#3 kitchen table
#4 kitchen table

Last edited:
Glad to see you got the picture-posting figured out. :thumb: You've got a lot of nice work there, Paul. The figured walnut bowl on the right side of the first pic really stands out. Beautiful figure. :clap:

Got some nice turnings Paul:thumb: some real nice spalted ones. I see in your last pic in the background is a loom so a weaver there and did you make it? My brother and his wife own a loom business here is Michigan, he builds them entirely as a one man shop. Looms can be some cool woodworking projects:thumb:

Tom,

My wife is a weaver - she has about 6 looms. The one pictured is a Leclerc loom. I made one many years ago - she does not use it. Nothing wrong with it she does not prefer it over the others.

She has been weaving about 36 years - Semi-hobby but very professionally done - She was a full time Nuclear operator which was not a weaving kind of profession.

thanks Paul

Last edited:
Nuclear operator :eek: I bet she can relax by weaving from that occupation. My SIL is a therapist and that is why she started weaving. They own Kessenich Loom Co. and their living room is filled with looms:p

Wow Paul, that is a very nice looking bunch of bowls etc in that first picture :thumb:

It really does look like you have access to a lot of different types of wood!

Funny, I usually see that many bowls sitting on other guys tablesaw, but you got them all the way into the kitchen :clap:

Very nice work all around! :D