A Morris Guitar

Jim, both of my girls took piano lessons for about 4 years, and we have a piano in the house that don't get used much anymore, but it IS there.

I too hope that she learns to play the guitar. I've told her I will pay for lessons if she wants them.

Cheers!

Looks like a pretty clean break. One that should fix no problem. The deal with white glue though is that it has a certain amount of creep, while the hide glue does not. That said though I wouldn't worry about fixing it with regular white glue. If your daughter wants some pointers I can show her a guitar lick of two. Nothing fancy though. :D

On another note Stu I got a reply back from Garret Hack. He said you also e-mailed him. He is looking for a space to hold shop. Any ideas from your side of the jungle?

Looks like a pretty clean break. One that should fix no problem. The deal with white glue though is that it has a certain amount of creep, while the hide glue does not. That said though I wouldn't worry about fixing it with regular white glue. If your daughter wants some pointers I can show her a guitar lick of two. Nothing fancy though. :D

On another note Stu I got a reply back from Garret Hack. He said you also e-mailed him. He is looking for a space to hold shop. Any ideas from your side of the jungle?

Thanks Alex.

I got an e-mail from Garret Hack as well, now I'm thinking on what we can do, I would think my little Dungeon would be too small :huh:

I think I'll contact Suzuki san, as he takes the various wood turners around to some of the "Technical" schools for demos :dunno:

I did find this page >> HERE << which is certainly interesting, as well as >> HERE << :dunno:

Thanks Alex.

I got an e-mail from Garret Hack as well, now I'm thinking on what we can do, I would think my little Dungeon would be too small :huh:

I think I'll contact Suzuki san, as he takes the various wood turners around to some of the "Technical" schools for demos :dunno:

I did find this page >> HERE << which is certainly interesting, as well as >> HERE << :dunno:

Do you know these guys through the woodturners or are they pages you found on the net? I also know of one possibility that is HERE I buy my oils from him. There is a section on this page for mokkou kouza so he is also doing classes.

I got an e-mail from Garret Hack as well, now I'm thinking on what we can do, I would think my little Dungeon would be too small

Hey Alex and Stu, this really sounds interesting. I hope the two of you are able to help him find a space. Please keep the rest of us informed on how it turns out. When is he planning on going to Japan?

And one more thing that I've been told if it go's for long periods of time which would be months without being used take the tension off the string which would take the tension off the neck :huh: . This is what a Yamaha Guitar salesman told me years ago , the Yamaha guitar has the steel neck..or use too anyhow....he tells all that buys one that > even if they have a steel neck....a good measure to take...:thumb:....................Marshall :type:

I'd agree with Marshall about loosening the tension, but I'd advise against loosening the strings all the way. Just drop the tuning down a step or two. There is a truss rod in pretty much all steel string acoustic guitar necks (not just Yamahas...the salesman was being overzealous) and it can spring the neck in the opposite direction if there's no opposing string tension for long periods of time.

Ideally, you could loosen the strings and the truss rod, but unless you know the ins and outs of being a guitar mechanic, I'd recommend not monkeying around with the truss rod.

Personally, I've got a couple acoustic guitars that have been tuned to pitch for over twenty five years, and stored for large amounts of that time, and they've shown no ill effects. The top of my Yamaha 12 string is bowed out a bit from string tension, but it's been that way since I got it nearly thirty years ago. (Dang, I feel old.)