Don't you hate it when.....

Jeff Horton

Your working on a project and the person stops in to check up on it. Your on schedule and then you find out today was the day it was supposed to be done and not next Monday!

I committed to build a kayak frame for a local woodworking display at the Library. Doc stops in to check on me and I swear I thought it was next week. He had several people bail out on him and was rather peeved. So we decided a complete boat was the only option. Pulled one down from the rafters, cleaned it up and ran it down. Now I am busting my hump to have the frame I was working on done in record time. We have a meet and greet Thursday night and I promised a frame and he will have a frame too. It may not be complete but no one but me will know. ;)

I'm presuming you were posting while something was drying and you took a quick break?

Eating lunch. Most of the parts are cut. It's just sanding and lashing the joints together at this point. Hands start to hurt and need a break. I just hit the halfway point so it's down hill now. I have something I really need to do tomorrow, so I am going to try to have about 90% tonight. Finish up Thursday morning. Of course it doesn't have to be finished. I can display it as a work in progress. Just leave the loose pieces and some sinew laying there as part of the display. But I prefer to have it done.

OK back to the shop.

Sometimes you guys crack me up!

To bad this isn't one of those times. :rolleyes:

Frame is finished (almost) and will be picked up early in the AM to be displayed. I am rather proud how fast I got it done.

I got dressed and walked out of the bedroom to see someone in my front yard playing with my dog. Who didn't even bother to bark at him!! Of course it was Doc to pick up the frame and he was early too. I finished it about 8 last night and it's on the way to be displayed now.

Then I found an email from my buddy. She was sick, afraid she had food poisoning. We were to spend the day editing the manual but she said PLEASE don't come over.

So after an extremely hectic month I get rewarded with a free day. I think I am going to spend the morning on the river. :clap::clap::clap::headbang::headbang::headbang: