Toolbox Plans

I built one awhile back that I use at work. Its not exactly plans, but its pretty straightforward in construction. The only points I'll make right now (little time) is that this toolbox needed to hold the IAM handbook, and the Railroad Handbook, which was required to be on-hand at all times. That is what the inside of the doors hold. The second aspect is the sloped tool holder on top of the toolbox. This holds the layout tools I use the most. It is hinged so underneath the sloped top, I can store seldom used tools. Anyway its worked so well I built its twin to use in my woodworking shop. Perhaps you could use it to make yours?

Attachments

• Toolbox2.jpg
    Toolbox2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Toolbox1.jpg
    Toolbox1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
A "Tool Box" can mean a lot of things to various people, something like what Travis is showing or just a simple tote can all be called "Tool Boxes".

Donald, why don't you tell us the intended application, might help with the search for plans? :dunno:

I know that Lee Valley has some good plans....

>> Tool Chest & Rolling Cabinet Plan <<

>> Toll Cabinet Plan <<

While these are not "Free" I have every confidence the are worth the money, if you are trying to build that kind of tool box.

Cheers!

Gerstner is a fine toolbox maker that has all kinds of ideas for tool boxes too. Google them up and maybe you can get ideas.

My Dad has always wanted a Gerstner so I did a model of one in sketchup and I'm hoping to get done before xmas. If you want the file I can send it to you.