allen got me to thinking....

Dan Noren

Staff member
i know, it's a dangerous process for me, and i usually wind up ruining a perfectly good board in the process:rofl::rofl: what allen got me to thinking about tonight was that ever since i've gotten my tools on the benches this spring, i've been just a woodworking fool. the only things that stopped me were lack of daylight, and rain. oh the joys of having the world's biggest shop. :rofl::rofl: as i was thinking, if someone asked me how much have i produced in this season (it's been fairly nasty weather for the last couple of weeks), i really couldn't tell them. so, i figured, i would do an inventory. i know that one of my friend's fire pit profited by the 4 boxes of offcuts too small for use, and one of my coworkers wound up with another 3 boxes. so here is the inventory for the time between 4/9/9, when i got the benches done, and 9/13/9, when the rains started (fall in minnesota can be so much fun): 2 picture frames in flame birch, 3 mobile workbenches, 1 mobile platform for the lathe(sorry larry), 1 coffee table, 1 foot stool, 1 grandfather clock, 1 box for the wife, 19 cutting boards, 33 wine bottle holders, 21 door stops, 39 cheese boards, 1 pen&pencil set for the wife, 1 fountain pen for myself, and a pen for the wife of one of my coworkers. i guess i kept out of mischief pretty good for the last 5 months. i can't wait to see what the next building season brings. :D

2 picture frames in flame birch, 3 mobile workbenches, 1 mobile platform for the lathe(sorry larry), 1 coffee table, 1 foot stool, 1 grandfather clock, 1 box for the wife, 19 cutting boards, 33 wine bottle holders, 21 door stops, 39 cheese boards, 1 pen&pencil set for the wife, 1 fountain pen for myself, and a pen for the wife of one of my coworkers. D[/QUOTE]

feh! you need to really put some time in.:D

i know allen, i know, but i only had 5 months of weekends and the odd hour or two every other day or so.:rolleyes: i dream of the day when i have a shop with a house attached, so i can avoid the 6-7 months of down time... :rofl::rofl::rofl: