Another weekend is here so whatcha got going on ?

You being a girl again????:D:D Cowboys would sleep in the saddle and dont give me no brokeback mountain talk.:rofl:
Congrats Steve for the 30 years. Looks as though you have a good partnership going there. :thumb::D

Yep, cowboys did sleep in the saddle on their good horses that would take them in their desired direction. My pickup doesn't seem to have that ability though!:eek::huh::dunno: My old mare I rode as a kid, she would take me home, this is a family forum so we'll just say I was asleep in the saddle!! :doh::eek::rofl:

Brokeback mountain, man let's not even go there. What a waste of money, talent, scenery and time. AND, I have not nor never will watch that.

Steve and Judy, Yeah, what others are saying!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: Enjoy the weekend, relax, celebrate, relax, enjoy, 30 years is an accomplishment. Funny, Steve looks old enough for 30 years in a marriage, but Judy sure didn't look old enough!!!:dunno::dunno::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl:

Nothing really planned. Right now I'm picking up ice storm branches and have a big pile burning. Will be getting out the power washer and cleaning our high windows. In between, while taking breathers I come and check in here.
Later I'll watch Arkansas play Texas A&M in the new Jerry Jones shrine stadium. Razorbacks will probably lose if they play like last week. Their new 'no defense' style isn't working.
Wife is gone for some woman's thing. I know she brought a big salad. :dunno:

I am hiding out at my house/shop. I will hang on tenaciously but I hear the distant hoofbeats of a gate and sprinkler repair at LOML's house in the distance. The trick is to put off the interruption as long as possible because once it occurs, my odds of getting back to the shop are slim.

Forgot, can't get bored. I have a project ready to turn. Includes making some jam chucks to do the job.
Have been putting off doing my first big batch of stabilizing. Have sheets of plexi that need to be broke or cut up so they will dissolve. That is a chore. I might just try putting them in whole and letting the solution do the job slower.

Forgot, can't get bored. I have a project ready to turn. Includes making some jam chucks to do the job.
Have been putting off doing my first big batch of stabilizing. Have sheets of plexi that need to be broke or cut up so they will dissolve. That is a chore. I might just try putting them in whole and letting the solution do the job slower.

Dissolve plexiglass :dunno:
How and what for :huh:
Sounds really interesting

I've been working on a tablesaw kick switch. Another addition to make it a little safer. Got the rail drilled and tapped, mounted a pair of hinges and checked it a couple of times. I'll add a couple more hunks of ply to stabilize it a little, then hit it with a little finish. I'll post a couple of photos when I get done.

I'm heading inside for now to watch the NASCAR Nationwide race. Then, whatever LOML has planned for the rest of the day. She's shopping with a friend now.

Tomorrow will be a lazy morning followed by a lazy afternoon. Then, alittle later, we'll have a lazy evening. Oh, yeah! Somewhere amongst all of that will be viewing the NASCAR Sprint Cup race. Go Jimmy!!! :thumb:

Ironic, I was watching Griffey's at bat in the 5th (they walked him with a man on base) and read your post. Wish I was going to the game.

How was your motorcycle ride last week?

Interesting. I read in the Bellingham Herald that they estimated there were over 25,000 motorcycles at the event! And by my reckoning, at least 75% were Harleys. As one of the "other" guys (I have a BMW 1200C cruiser) I felt a little bit on the outside. I would rate it PG-13 as far as the atmosphere went.

The thing that I found the most interesting was driving up I-5 in packs of 50 or more motorcycles. As someone who has seldom ever ridden with more then 2 other people at one time, it was scary to have some stranger pull up along side me in a lane while traveling 70+ mph. I could tell the drivers of the cars were extremely nervous by that much motorcycle traffic around them. And, based on the riding skills demonstrated by some of the participants, they had reason to be.

All in all, the weather was great and I had a good day spending time on my bike riding along side my brosef! :thumb:

Nah, Mark Martin, he's the man.
Mark can have it next year -- after Jimmy makes it four in a row! :thumb:

Mark's a good man, but he's been the proverbial also-ran. He gets close, then can't seem to close the deal. As well as he's done this year, I won't be surprised to see him falter.

Saturday will be spent in the shop working on Christmas presents for the family. Sunday will be spent with my daughter probably playing Rock Band since it's suppose to be rainy.

I worked today, came home ,packed some clothes, then went into the garage and cleaned up and vacuumed since I havent cleaned or straightened anything in there for 2 weeks. My wife asked me if I was outside at 8:30 vacuuming, and when I told her yeah, she said, but your going away tomorrow, I said yeah, so, she said you are a sick man. I almost put a piece of mahogany on the lathe to try to spin a vase, but knew I didnt have the strength anymore tonight.
This woodworking stuff is a disease.

Well Sat was spent in the shop working on many different projects, Sun was going to be spent with daughter but she went shopping with Mom so I decided to reorganize ... again.:thumb:

Attachments

• DCAO0056.JPG
    DCAO0056.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DCAO0055.JPG
    DCAO0055.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 10