Compressor Completion

Dan Mosley

Today I had finally received all the parts i needed to rebuild the valves in my IR compressor. I had a rebuild kit for the valves sent, Air Filter and a new check valve. With the help on Tony on here and a few emails and phone conversations with him i was able to tear down the top ends and both the low and high pressure sides and replace the head's "O" rings and replace the reed valves. Installed new head gaskets etc and put it together this evening. Plugged it in and it runs and works perfectly now. What a relief to have it running this well finally..................

Attachments

• Compressor-2.jpg
    Compressor-2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Compressor-7.jpg
    Compressor-7.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 29
Dan, that is great news, and because you have rebuilt that compressor yourself (with some great help!) it will be worth a lot more to you :thumb:

Dan,

I was happy to help. Glad the compressor is working correctly for you.

You gained the experience of making the repairs yourself, learned a few tricks for restoration and saved some bucks as well.

My congrats on a job well done. :thumb:

And I am also happy to have made a new friend. :wave:

Aloha, Tony

Family helping family, way to go both of you guys!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I now know why dad always told me to haul compressors in the position they were intended. That compressor is good for another lifetime. Good job to the both of you!!