Big THANK YOU to LARRY AND BARRY

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Larry - I know it seem like it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since you sent me the Box Elder. I posted the preliminary work and now I have it finished. Hope you like what I did with it.

Larry's box elder 1.jpg Larry's Box Elder 2.jpg Larry's Box Elder 3.jpg

Barry - I need to thank YOU publicly for saving my bacon. I was showing the platter off at the Saturday morning market while waiting for it to get picked up. Someone asked the price and I said, "I'm sorry, it's already sold." When the customer I had made it for heard that I got an inquiry on it, he said "They can have it for $700.00 (much more than I charged.) and he would pay me a commission:rofl:.

Here it is:Barry's Oak 1.jpg

Thanks again guys.

Bruce

looks like yu done good with some wet wood bruce,, wish i could have gotten more color init for yu but mother nature didnt cooperate:D:thumb: maybe that other piece of scrap i sent yu with al killian will fair better:)

Larry,
I tell you your avatar keeps changing and you get more handsome by the day... you found Ponce's fountain or what..

That little girl is going to be a great beauty when she grows up.

Good job on both pieces, Bruce. The bowl is nice, but the platter really catches my eye. It looks just right. :thumb:

Larry,
I tell you your avatar keeps changing and you get more handsome by the day... you found Ponce's fountain or what..

That little girl is going to be a great beauty when she grows up.

see i am gettin more exercize now,, i can walk on my own:) but i will never be as good as "beyonce" just ask tthe "western" world:rolleyes:

Glad it worked for you Bruce! I was a little concerned that a board that wide might not stay flat going from the dry desert to the humid midwest. Nice looking bowl too:thumb: