Wheeeeeeee....Doggies!!!!!!!

Norman Hitt

Looks like I can Finally Afford to finish my shop, (that is, just as soon as they send me my check for 500,000 pounds from England, from that "Free Lotto" Drawing I won Friday).:rofl: :rofl:

Boy wouldn't that be nice if ONLY it were TRUE?:doh: Heck, they wouldn't even have to Send it, I'd be happy to go pick it up in person.:D

Isn't there supposed to be some place on the web you can foreward this kind of SCAM to report it? If there is, do any of you know the web address, (not that it will do any good), but I will send it anyhow if I can get the address.

Oh well, with this lousy weather we've been having, (too cold to work in the shop, and icy roads), at least I got a good laugh out of the notification. (You can bet I didn't send them any personal information, or even reply to it).;)

There are likely a number of placed you can report this type of thing. These scams (called 419 scams, named after the section of Nigerian law code that it violates) really DO sucker in some people.

I did a quick Googling of "419 scam +report" and got this link:

http://www.joewein.de/sw/419faq.htm#submit

Looks like a pretty comprehesive place for all things about 419 scams. Scroll to the top of that page to see the list of Frequently Asked Questions. I realize you weren't even close to falling for it, but there's some interesting reading.