Suggestions needed.

a nice infill doesn`t require dust collection;)

given the carving/sculpting you have been doing i`d suggest looking into a quality die-grinder and an assortment of bits for roughing out your projects.

(if you decide to get one holler before spending a dime, i`ve got a little bit of experience that could save you time/money)

here`s a nice infill patrick leach is offering for sale in this months tool list...

http://www.supertool.com/forsale/t26.jpg

That's a really beatiful infill plane Tod, thanks but not for me at this moment. As per the grinder :dunno: I have an arbortech disk that I use for roughing out big carvings but I find it quite messy and noisy, but I will look with interest any suggestion in that direction that you could make me.
My carpel tunnel syndrome doesn't allow me use a heavy mallet for long time, so whatever that spares me some wrist effort will be welcome.

That's a really beatiful infill plane Tod, thanks but not for me at this moment. As per the grinder :dunno: I have an arbortech disk that I use for roughing out big carvings but I find it quite messy and noisy, but I will look with interest any suggestion in that direction that you could make me.
My carpel tunnel syndrome doesn't allow me use a heavy mallet for long time, so whatever that spares me some wrist effort will be welcome.

toni,
for quick roughing on a budget i use alumnium cutting burs in a strong 15k-20k rpm air grinder but an electric one will work as well. pferd out of germany makes good cutters and i believe 25mm balls with a 1/4" shank are an off the shelf item.
for sanding using the same tool look at pferd`s polycaps.
any powered stock removal tool is going to be messy:eek:...

For those who are sugesting me to get a lathe,I appreciate the sugestion but I'm sorry to say that I will resist that temptation for the moment.

The DC is the most problable decision I'll take and with the rest... :dunno:

The DC is a wise decision Tony. And the suggestion for adding an air cleaner is also a good one. Enjoy the cleaner air!