Help please.

Ralph Tafoya

a year or so ago niki avrahami did some jigs and such that he used a programe to insert words in the photos that he used. I had the programe down loaded but i have changed computers two times and now i am running VISTA and i do not find the programe any where on this computer. What programe is it and at the time it was a free down load,is it still out there? and what is the name of it? any help would great.

Ralph, those programs won't work directly within Word, but if you have the pictures as separate files from the Word doc, you can add the words with Pain or Paint Shop (or a slew of other programs). My guess is that Niki is adding the annotation to the picture files before he's adding them to the Word document.

You can annotate graphics (including photos) in Word using the 'Callouts' feature, but it adds a pointer and a text box to the image. The result looks something like this:

Annotated Truck.jpg

In the bottom text box that looks like it has no pointer, I just moved the pointer so it's pointing at something unner the box, so it can't be seen.

With Word 2003, you can find the Callouts feature under Insert > Picture > AutoShapes > Callouts. Should be something similar with other versions of word.

Here's how I do it in WORD.

I put in the text, then insert a pic. Double click on pic, then click on layout. You can then choose to put the pic "behind" the text, and using the space & enter bar, move the text to where I want it. You can format the text to whatever you want.

Hope this helps.:thumb:

Last edited:
Hi Ralph

The program is called "Faststone"...You can do much more than adding text...Just Right click on the picture and see the Menu and if you'll click on the "Edit"...wow...

It takes some time (very short) to learn the system but it's very easy to operate

You can download it here
http://www.faststone.org/

If you'll have some problems, please PM me and I'll try to help

Regards
niki

Hi Larry

Well, the winter is starting to show-off....during daytime the temp's are already 50°F but at night, they drop to 35~40th and, the day after tomorrow they are "promising" an 8" (20cm) of snow fall.

From now on, I enter to the garage only when I need the car...

Regards
niki

Hi Tony

Yes, during the winter time no woodworking - the temp's in the garage are dropping to almost 0°c (outside it's usually -10~-20°C) and not the glue nor the finish can cure...and it's cold to work...

but we have enough to do....like shoveling the snow from the drive way...

Regards to you in the warm Espania but, as I've seen, the summer wasn't so easy down there (35~40°)...

niki

Thats more like it....... Thanks NIKIIII... faststone was what i was looking for. i used it for a while then when i got the new VISTA programe i had so much to learn about it i lost the programe or did not down load it to the new computer. again THANKS....