Iced in

Ned Bulken

Well, got the truck scraped off this morning, and started in cautiously on my way to work. got to the end of the road and just about slid straight across the main road. Waiting for the salt truck to get out, but it isn't looking good...

called the boss, got his voice mail, called the office, left him another voice mail. think I'm going to try again in just a bit, I think I heard a big truck rattle by not too long ago.

ned, the temps here are supposed to drop all day starting about 4am....so i left the house at 3:30 so i could get to the shop before the roads iced up...good luck and be safe! tod

ned, the temps here are supposed to drop all day starting about 4am....so i left the house at 3:30 so i could get to the shop before the roads iced up...good luck and be safe! tod

Can you tell that Tod works for himself :D

(No disrespect intended if you do not Ned).

Be safe out there guys, snow is one thing, but when stuff gets iced over, man that is a day to stay home!

Cheers!

I'm just darn glad I've got MLK day off anyway. Took China out this morning to take care of business and get the paper at the end of the drive. Never actually fell, but lost my footing a couple of times. Let me tell ya, doing the splits at my age aint no fun.:eek:

Took me about 18 minutes to drive to work this am. About twice as long as normal. It's slick here, but the final layer is sleet, and that offers a little traction. Even the short steep hills didn't pose a problem, and I'm driving an E250 van!!! We won't see any customers today, at least not likely to. One or 2 techs may show up. Shop foreman spent the night here last night. My co worker took an hour and 10 minutes to get here, normally 20 min.Temp is about 22, So ya'll better keep talking here so I have something to read to pass the day!!! Jim.

Well we are pretty well iced in after the ice we had, then rain on top of it yesterday.

We are stocked up, so no venturing out. Just isn't worth the effort.

A benton county Grader finally came down the pavement in front of our house late last night. I guess the state is too busy with the main roads, so the county took over to clear some ice off the road. The county graders use a chisel type blade for busting rocks in our gravel roads around here, so I guess that type of blade works great for removing ice.:thumb:

Elec. lines are in good shape here thankfully.
Guess I'll stay in the shop as usual

For those who don't know, Tod and I live in the same county. Actually, the forecasts I've seen say our temps will hover right around freezing or above. I believe we will be OK. But, that said, I don't have plans to leave the house. ;) Enuf catch up to do from a week away. Besides, I haven't spun wood in about two weeks, getting withdrawl symptoms. :rolleyes:

Lots of ice here too. Took the kids to school this morning (I have the day off) and had to cruise the neighborhood to see what trees are down. Lots of branches on the ground and a few trees also. One house had the mailbox destroyed and a branch on top of their car. The ice has helped me out, now all the dead branches are on the ground so I don't need to climb into the trees.

Here's the street in front of our property. 1+ inches of sold ice, and has been like that for a week or so. 28F right now at 9:45am PST. Forecast is for snow tomorrow. :doh::doh:

Take care, guys...