Sometimes you hate being right.......

I actually had prescription sunglasses on at the time.

Yeah I did laugh.......20 or so minutes later after I got over the anger and embarrassment.

Vaughn....that didn't make it any easier explaining the incident to my manager. I'll go get an estimate on Friday but I guessing $6,000-8,000 worth of damage.

It is embarrassing having to tell the boss you wrecked his vehicle.... I had similar incident when I was a teen and had been driving about 18 months... I worked for a fellow who ran a small chain of movie houses... he was legally blind and did not drive and that was my job. My sister was down from Oklahoma visiting my grandparents and I was supposed to pick her up and take her back to the bus, but overslept... I jumped in the company van.. a 1956 Chevy panelwagon.. like a stationwagon with no windows.. it had overload springs and 850 tires on the back end... I went hauling from Buffalo, Texas through Donie to Freestone to get my sister.... at Donie there's a long hill followed by a sharp 80% left turn. I knew about the turn and as I topped the hill, touched the brakes at about 105 mph.....needless to say the back end slipped after slapping a culvert post and knocking it out of the ground, the vehicle laid over on it's side.
A local wildcatter came by, threw a chain on the frame and pulled it back to it's wheels and I started off.... the cab was bent enough that the driver's door would not close and I drove on to my Grandparents holding that door... my sister and already gotten a ride, nothing to do but go back to Buffalo and tell the boss.:(:eek::eek:
He was cool, after I summoned enough courage to tell him, he glanced out the door at the vehicle and said, "Have you had breakfast yet?"
After breakfast we went to the auto shop and I agreed I should pay the deductible.... which infact the shop padded onto the bill to the insurance company and Jimmy was gracious enough to give it back to me.:thumb:
Saving grace, which I think might have made him mad, I was supposed to have picked up the cinematographic lenses from the Buffalo theatre to be used at one of the others, but had forgotten them the night before... we only had one set that we moved from theater to theater depending on where we had a cinematographic movie showing... they cost about $10,000 per pair even back in 1960.... he might have been upset if I had broken them since I don't think the auto insurance would have covered them.

Im sorry Mr. Fitzgerald, but you made me laugh, and I know it must have been a painful experience in some ways.
For years and years I hid money in my house in the same place, until my wife said, thats a bad hiding place, and weve never moved it, the same place.
So once we went away, wasnt alot of money, just the weekly expense money, I hid it real good. So good I couldnt find it when I got home.Kinda feels like the same type of pain.