I'm bored today

Frank Fusco

Wife had foot surgery yesterday and I am at home helping her with little things. She is getting around so I don't have much to do. Can't go in shop and spin because we have been having a lot, and I do mean "a lot" of thunderstorms lately. I won't turn on the power to the lathe because I'm told power surges or lightening strikes could blow out the electronics and I sure don't want that. So, basically, I'm sitting here posting pointless messages and checking Facebook and the weather radar.

Me too...I had meetings scheduled all day today and they all got canceled. So now I have a full day of trying to start some projects here at work that were scheduled for next week...plus I know I will be in the shop as soon as I get home tonight....maybe I should just go now? :huh:

I don't know if you design your turned pieces before making them, but these times are the best ones to explore new shapes, and a pencil is faster drawing than turning, and completely noiseless and unplugged:D

I don't know if you design your turned pieces before making them, but these times are the best ones to explore new shapes, and a pencil is faster drawing than turning, and completely noiseless and unplugged:D

I can't speak for Frank, but "design" and "turned pieces" aren't usually seen in the same sentence around my shop. :rofl: Heck, oftentimes I don't know what a blank will look like until I'm almost done with it.

Here, Frank...this will help you kill a bit of time:

http://www.ibogleif.dk/spil/flashspil/minigolf/minigolf.swf

You can see if you can beat my high score:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10219

you think you're bored after a couple of days frank, try about 4-5 weeks of downtime....:rofl::rofl::rofl: (between rain, high winds, and cold temps)

I once had five weeks of down from an injury. Very tough situation, in addition to the physical trauma, I became quite depressed and that lasted for several weeks after I was home and on the heal.
We got through today.

for me it's getting adjusted to the fact that it's probably the end of woodworking for this year. i could rip boards in the snow, but it wouldn't be half as much fun...:rofl:

I once had five weeks of down from an injury. Very tough situation, in addition to the physical trauma, I became quite depressed and that lasted for several weeks after I was home and on the heal.
We got through today.

After my little bout, the doctor said no lifting or heavy work for 4-6 weeks... I'm at the end of week one and counting.... I think if I do it carefully, I can turn light pieces starting next week (have grandkids company this weekend so will wait until they leave to try anything)

I'll live through it, but will definitely get bored before too long. TV is a waste to me... I watch little of it and after awhile even the compute gets a little old, even as much as I like all you guys.