More beech UK style

That first one is distubingly normal for you Pete, good job you included the second one else I would have had my doubts as to having logged into the wrong forum :p (in Liecester at the mo)

Great bowls Pete, both the "normal" as Chas says and the other.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Maybe I should bury some maple in the garden to have it spalted.:dunno:

Human induced Spalting is something I want to try someday, for the moment I'm gathering as much info as I can.

Thanks guys. Chas is referring to the fact that I like turning the bits of wood that others throw away, usually with bits missing or bits that fly off 'cos they are rotten. Hence the unusual 'normal' comment.

pete

Nice work on both bowls, Pete. :thumb: That UK beech is sure noce-looking wood. I'm with Chas...I didn't realize you had any "whole" blanks. :D

...... What's the attraction in Leicester?
Pete

Family Pete, certainly not Leicester, fortunately based in village a few miles out, just here for our usual round of Rugby practice sessions with the grandson, and you know who is twisting my arm to call in Nuneaton on the way home monday.

Oh and a big lump of Japanese Cherry has found its way into the car boot.

(for those accross the pond, one of the UK's biggest tool distributers "Axminster" is opening a new branch with the largest Festool retail outlet ever.)

I didn't know you could get 'big lumps' of japanese cherry, all the trees I have seen have ben skinny things no miore than a few inches at the trunk. Be intersting wht the wood is like

Axminster is bad news...dangerous place to be, give your wallet & cards to Di before entering the place if I were you:D

Pete

About 300mm dia X 1m Pete, aparently about 4mtrs of similar went off to be dumped from daughters neighbor.
She asked for wood for me, they decided I wouldn't need more than the bit they saved, too late to retrieve the rest when she came back fron a clients.:doh: