Sorry , I killed a tree

I was sitting at 28' in a popular this morning and this doe walked by and I wanted to get meat for the farmer. The winds were high and as I took the shot with my bow a strong gust came up and sent a limb infront of the arrow and the arrow killed a young popluar. Sorry

Lone Wolf Climber, Like standing on concreet off the ground.

My farmer friend planed 20 acres in Buck Wheat and Thursday night I saw 60 + deer, 2 were nice BUCK's right at dark, 10 yards but could not see to take the shot. I let a lot of doe's walk. If I am hunting in Va it's for racks only unless like today the bucks were already bedded in the morning and I have 3 doe's come by late heading for the beds.

I had through about climbing the tree I killed to retrive my arrow but Then I though it will make a good reminder every time I see it. DON"T KILL KENNY !:rofl:

Also use very widely in the industry for base wood when adding veneer. Much of the 1910-1930's furniture which were mail order in that time was veneered over poplar and then the poplar would be color matched to the veneer finish.

So Kenny did get get around a lot. :rofl::rofl:

Way to go Nancy. Us woodworkers occasionally need some education. Not that I wish to besmirch Dave in any way, I have killed more than my share of trees with both firearms and arrows. (I need to go cut that elm down so I can retrieve last years errant shot) Because I also sometimes hunt with witnesses I have had to cut out a section of wood and take my "trophy" home:eek:.

What I really want to know is if the "Popular" or "Poplar" was actually a "Tulip Poplar" or an aspen. I am always having to correct folks who ask if I have any "popular" lumber, when in reality sometimes they want Aspen. (In Michigan there are few Tulip Poplar trees and more and more Aspen the further you go North.

O.k, so whats the real story? The genera "populus" contains 4 basic species in North America that are quaking aspen, balsam poplar, and Eastern and black cottonwood. They are in the "willow" family. (go figure) World wide there are something like 350 species in this family.

"Tulip Poplar" also known as "Yellow Poplar" is actually in the "Magnolia" family.

Are you confused yet? It sure causes my head to spin a little. :huh: All I really care about is that tulip poplar makes good stable generic lumber at a good price, and oyster mushrooms grow on quaking aspen or to the locals "popular" trees and they are great eating. :D