ZoneAlarm Security Suite for AV???

Joe Tonich

I'm running AVG Free for my antivirus and ZoneAlarm Free for my firewall. I still ended up inheriting this...

win-1.jpg

that I cannot get rid of. I tried CCleaner, Spybott, Windows Defender, and SUPERAntiSpyware to no avail. :(

I had NORTON on another computer and really didn't like it, and my neighbor had McAfee and that sucked....

so....

anyone have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, and, would you get it again?

and...

any ideas how to disinherit this dang popup, and whatever keeps sending it???

Thanks,

BigJoe

well joe cant help yu on the gettun rid of your pop up, but i had nortens and i have had mcafee and they are now gone,, i have had good sucess with ESET smart security, also zapersky is good.. cant tell yu if they will get rid of your now problem thou..

I had the same problem a while back. I determined that the Zone Alarm was cutting the internet connection. It should be easy enough to see if that is the cause. Just delete the Zone Alarm and if you are connected back up to the internet afterwards, then you found the problem. There were several articles I found about the two products not being compatible. This was a while back though and things might have changed. I have been happy just using the AVG free version.

First thing you do is stop using Internet Explorer and go to Firefox. Ever since I was tipped off about this a year or so ago my problems with virus and such have literally disappeared.
I use Kaspersky anti virus. That has worked flawlessly for me.

Joe, I assume that you've looked in the 'Startup' folder (under Programs) to verify that the reminder app isn't listed there, but if not check. If there is a "reminder" app in there, drag and drop it out or delete it from there to keep it from starting.

The other place that apps get launch is from the registry. I don't know your technical skills, so this may be over your head, but can check in the "Run" registry section to see if one is listed there.

Thanks. I tried FireFox but didn't like it. Tried another one too that I forget the name of...is MoZilla (or sumthin like that. :eek: )one? Didn't care for that one either. I never lost connection to the innernet, but that popup keeps popping up all the time...even when I'm active on the computer. :dunno:

I'll go into the registry after I download ZA Security suite and run it, if that dang thing comes back again. Gotta make a restore point first just in case I hose this thing.

Thanks again...:thumb: