A few box elder bowls

well stephen yu got them lookun purty for sure and i still like your under edge turning in the last one.. your BE must do differnt things down there ours doesnt get the dark heartwood like yours shows..and that shower curtain helped the pics alot,, good shadows now yu better get ti back up before the missess sees it is gone:)

Real nice work on all three bowls. I like the forms and the wood, and the pics are looking better and better, too. :thumb:

just a quick shot of 3 bowls i got done this weekend.took the pic on the back of the truck with a old window shade under them. they are 11x3 1/2,9x3 1/2,and 9 1/2x2 3/4.
need to go watch my giants beat the raiders
Steve

Stephen,
Very nice bowls.. like the form and shape of all of them... interesting the coloration on the wood too.... my box elder is more yellow with some red flame in it.... some of it is now beginning to grey so I have woods that show the yellow with grey streaks and then the red flame....

well stephen yu got them lookun purty for sure and i still like your under edge turning in the last one.. your BE must do differnt things down there ours doesnt get the dark heartwood like yours shows..and that shower curtain helped the pics alot,, good shadows now yu better get ti back up before the missess sees it is gone:)
Thanks Larry yea i got it back before she got home from the store.:D
They are sure PURDY.

I noticed that Larry understands "underedge" turnin'! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!

Bruce
Yea i noticed that to.:)
Very well done. I to like the last bowl.
Thanks Bernie maybe i'll have to make one of them for Larry so he has more incentide to get that lathe he's been secrectly wanting.:rofl:
Real nice work on all three bowls. I like the forms and the wood, and the pics are looking better and better, too. :thumb:
Thanks Vaughn i'm trying to get my act together on them pics just didn't know it could be such a pain sometimes.

Very nice. I like them all.
Thanks Wayne. maybe if i could get a new lathe like your new one i could get them done a little faster.;)
Well Done Stephen! :thumb: I like them all.
Thanks Jeff . have you or your dad had a lot of trouble with the banjo on that grizzly, as that's the same lathe i have.

Stephen,
Very nice bowls.. like the form and shape of all of them... interesting the coloration on the wood too.... my box elder is more yellow with some red flame in it.... some of it is now beginning to grey so I have woods that show the yellow with grey streaks and then the red flame....

Chuck mine has a lot of the yellow.Now i keep what i have inside so it's not doing much graying, but i have noticed a little on the last couple bowls.As far as the brown goes the tree was standing and real healthy when they cut it down so maybe that's the reason for the real brown heart.:dunno:

Chuck mine has a lot of the yellow.Now i keep what i have inside so it's not doing much graying, but i have noticed a little on the last couple bowls.As far as the brown goes the tree was standing and real healthy when they cut it down so maybe that's the reason for the real brown heart.:dunno:

That's interesting Stephen... the box elder I got was from a brush pile on the side of one of the back roads here in East TN.... it was cut still green.. matter of fact, the first piece I turned was so wet I had a 6 inch wide, 6 ft long line of water on the shop floor... my shirt sleeve was soaked on the left side....but no brown color in the wood... I like the coloration of your bowls... very distinctive... don't have room to keep my wood inside, but have built a covered rack on the back side of the shop that I store any blanks already cut... still working on cutting some of the wood... I can run the chain saw for a couple of hours before the ol' back just quits and I have to wait a day or two...
Right now I'm working on some poplar, spalted maple, the box elder, some oak, some cherry...the cherry is pretty riddle with ants, so not sure if I'll get much out of it... bunch of cedar... I really need to get over this hernia thing I'm recovering from and get in gear... so much wood... so little time.