Continued shop cleanup... rack and stand

Ned Bulken

Well in my continuing efforts to organize my creeping meatball (shop clutter) I whipped up this rack for shorts and tool storage:
rack.jpg

plain and simple 2x and 1/2" plywood... anchored to the wall and set back from the end wall about 10" or so. That lets me store some of my benchtops which I'm not using currently there...

benchtop.jpg

I have three of those plus the benchtop from my bench I took down to fit this rack in the corner of the shop.

rackfull-1.jpg

one box on the floor is full of oak shorts, the rest are a mix of mahagony 8/4 shorts (bowls?), and some already thicknesses dunnowood.

I also worked on my lathe stand... decided to use the torsion box from my old bench. I still need to tie the legs together... it is a little wobbly at the moment, but I'll get back to it this evening. taking a break for a few minutes to grab a bite to eat & post here.

lathetable.jpg

just about 3' tall which will put spindle height just below elbow height.

Another busy weekend. Did you fine time to fit in a football game too?

two away games yesterday, noon and 3pm,

pop warner won 33 to 7, and the varsity won 28 to 7 as well. so, happy football teams and players galore.

one scary moment, my wife and I got to Adam's varsity game just as the ambulance arrived to take away one of the host team's players, he'd had a helmet to helmet collision and was out cold. They thought it was a neck injury initially, but xrays show he's fine that way, still has a concussion etc... so was in for observation.

Glad to hear about the games Ned, and that the kid was alright. A 10 year old on the next age group up from my son tore his ACL last week. His dad told me Saturday that they won't repair it until he's around 16.:(