MARTIN T26 Shaper has arrived....

doug, did you forget to post the pic of the tennoning table that you had at work? i`d like to see martins offering....tod

Wow Doug,
The matching Martin colored wall stripe and Shop helper uniform is over the top:thumb: .
Congrats, More shop tour pics please.

Thanks Tyler,

She's a great shop helper. Not only does she look good but really helps me out alot in the shop. I added a few pics last week in my shop tour. I will be adding more soon because I made some changes and moved my edge bander so I could build a decent vetical sheet good storage rack.

BTW how is your shop coming? I dont think you I've seen an update. If I remember correctly you have an obsene amount of space to fill:D

Doug

Tod I'm going to have to email you the info because it's a pdf and I don't know how to reduce the size. Maybe you can post it for me.

Doug

Last edited:
doug, the table looks well made and accurate (it`s a martin afterall:rolleyes: )
what concerns me is that in order to cut any tennons you`ll have to bolt the table in place, then unbolt-n-store it to cut profiles.....if that`s not going to prove to be a major headache for you then go that route?.........
i think after looking at the caliber of your equipment and the speed with which you can produce with it the bolt on table may prove to be a bottleneck.... only you can decide though......tod

Tod

I don't think it will be a bottle neck. It's only two bolts no nuts because the table is tapped. It will probably take all of about 3 minutes to install. I can program the height of the spindle in the machine for reference so I can go back and forth between doing to rail cuts and tenoning. But for doing cabinet doors I won't need the tenoning jig. Aigner makes some pretty nice pieces for cope cuts and I will post some pics.

I was looking at your shaper and was wondering if and how long it takes to swivel the fence unit. I much rather would have gotten the sliding tenoning table but I'm sure I can work around it.

Doug

doug, it only takes a couple of min. to switch from profiling to tennoning. what i really like about the design of the tennoning table is that i can get the cast iron to within 1/2" of the cutter so it`s about as stable as i`ve seen..if your work piece is hanging off the end of the table a couple of inches they sometimes vibrate and screw up the cut...for cabinet parts it`s no big deal but for doors when you`ve got labor invested in a glue-up then it matters lots...tod

OK, we are going to need two shop tour forums! One for the obscenely large/well equipped/envy creating kind

And one for all the rest!

This will assure FWW harmony by letting those of us who are space challenged to avoid even looking in at those pics

I've spent the morning walking around my garage wondering if I should beef up the foundation, punch holes in the wall to put jack posts under the upper sill (I think that is what it is called) cut the joists, crank the sucker up 10', build a 2nd story shop and be done with it! Then SWMBO can have her garage back (oh and I get to park my car inside as well!)

Maybe it would just be easier to tear the whole thing down and build it right!

Seriously, great news on that new equipment Doug can't wait to see some "end product" come rolling off the line.

Jay

OK, we are going to need two shop tour forums! One for the obscenely large/well equipped/envy creating kind

And one for all the rest!

This will assure FWW harmony by letting those of us who are space challenged to avoid even looking in at those pics

I've spent the morning walking around my garage wondering if I should beef up the foundation, punch holes in the wall to put jack posts under the upper sill (I think that is what it is called) cut the joists, crank the sucker up 10', build a 2nd story shop and be done with it! Then SWMBO can have her garage back (oh and I get to park my car inside as well!)

Maybe it would just be easier to tear the whole thing down and build it right!

Seriously, great news on that new equipment Doug can't wait to see some "end product" come rolling off the line.

Jay

Thanks Jay,

I'll try and post some of the cutters/methods for door making techniques etc. that I plan to use.

Doug