Two Bench Holdowns Plus - $13

Stop doing that to me Glenn... it is painful... I thought we were friends...:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jokes apart Glenn, thanks for these reminders, but I have a hard time refraining from buying almost anything they display:eek::eek: I think I'm turning into a toolaholic:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on those hold downs, they are basically funny looking paper weights:doh: A hold down, or hold fast works by actually springing the steel to hold down the piece of wood, the hold fasts in that advert is cast iron, not very springy stuff, and they can and do break in use. The ones I have, from tools for wood working, are Gramercy units which are made from spring steel. I think you could be rather disappointed with the cast iron ones.

FYI! :wave:

Don't waste your money on those hold downs, they are basically funny looking paper weights:doh: A hold down, or hold fast works by actually springing the steel to hold down the piece of wood, the hold fasts in that advert is cast iron, not very springy stuff, and they can and do break in use. The ones I have, from tools for wood working, are Gramercy units which are made from spring steel. I think you could be rather disappointed with the cast iron ones.

FYI! :wave:

Thanks Stu, but I wasn't going to do it. I had read about those cast iron holdfast, and they would stand only a few blows before breaking.
The gramercy ones are on my list, although I'm waiting to make a pair myself with the aid of a friend from the maintenance dpt. from where I work.:thumb: