just for Rob

Way cool Frank. I envy you man but only thing thats out of place is that smooth Gillete or is it Schick shave.:rofl::rofl: However i guess them pioneers and frontiersmen had sharp knives and we all know how sharp blades take the hair off our arms.:D

Thanks for posting Frank. How did you get LOYL to go along with you on that. My family wont let me out the house with my stetson on if they are in my company. I told them we gonna move to Calgary then they will be wanting hats.:D

Way cool Frank. I envy you man but only thing thats out of place is that smooth Gillete or is it Schick shave.:rofl::rofl: However i guess them pioneers and frontiersmen had sharp knives and we all know how sharp blades take the hair off our arms.:D

Thanks for posting Frank. How did you get LOYL to go along with you on that. My family wont let me out the house with my stetson on if they are in my company. I told them we gonna move to Calgary then they will be wanting hats.:D

Wife has done some reenacting and rendezvouing with me. She also has stacks of medals and awards from muzzle loading shooting competition.
Lotsa frontiersmen and riflemen favored a clean shaven appearance. They had razors, even 'back then'. Not everyone was a long hunter or mountain man.

I am very neglectful when it comes to care. :rolleyes:
I do have an old can of Neatsfoot oil from the 60's that is over half full I use of gloves.

It works well on mocs also. But do let drain and dry. First use or two, it will turn your skin orange. I use but prefer a beeswax/mineral oil or beeswax/mink oil protectant. You can make these yourself.

Cool pic Frank, what tribe was she from? Sioux, Shoshone, Seminola, Crow, Apache, Blackfeet, other?

Good question. The dress was copied from one on display at the Chicago Museum of Natural History. I photographed it and Edna made it as close to the original as she could. Many years ago and, at the moment, I can't recall the tribe. Of course, the state of Illinois was named after the Illini indians. I found, at least, eleven different tribes associated with the Illinois area, the Illini or Illiniwik were the most prevelant.
For the record, she is not of any American Indian descent. We just emulate and reenact.