Another Tip- where do you store your planes

Darn you Mr. Merlau, you made me do it!!
I keep my frequent flyers [we are talking about planes, aren't we?] right under my bench top. Shooting boards are on that slim shelf above the planes. Notice evidence of recent use on the floor.

planes.jpg

I keep more in the top drawer of the bench.

drawer.jpg

I keep less used ones on the wall.

wall.jpg

And a few more on the pegboard.
pegboard.jpg

I'm Ken, and I'm a planeaholic.

Ok I am still in one piece. I have a lonnng way to go before i get to your stage Ken or Dominic or Jim. I am feeling kinda safe right now.:D

I mentioned to LOML last night that I need a shoulder plane and she said is that what you want for Xmas. I said Xmas???? Thats a long way off.

Now i can say, see what the other "kids" in the playground have. You would not want me to be without would you??:(

Dominic I really like your cabinet.

I can see i have a long road to walk on this one. I cannot see why i would want so many fore planes and jointer planes:dunno: I mean one yes, collector yes, but as users Jim how about a small post to enlighten us. I have read Patrick etc. But they he dont say you need 2 of this and 3 of that. Trying to be serious here do you have them set up differently??:dunno:

Ooops and by the way i store mine in a draw, all 4 of them.

Yes, Rob, different planes with different set-ups. One 4 for rougher work, another with a back bevel for gnarly wood, a 5 1/4 for narrow [<3/4"] edges....it goes on and on. But really it's for fun and pleasure, not pure utility.

well Rick this is for me and a warning to you.. like rob mentioned there are many pitfalls in this one yu get hooked and yu have ahard time sayun NO.. as yu shall see from the answers this post should give yu a idea of what yur in for... so guys i would like to see pics of
where and how yu store your planes
I store my planes at the plane store!:rofl::rofl: Don't got one, don't want one!:dunno:Sorry, Larry!

Don't gimme too much razzlin' for this... it IS TEMPORARY, after all - it'll be squared away a lot better when the rest of the shop gets straightened up.

Attachments

• p_.jpg
    p_.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 50
Well, I could not resist, after I got all of my completed planes all nice and sharp, I just had to move them out of their dark cubby hole onto a new shelf..........

new_plane_shelf.jpg

....... a little more pride of place in the old Dungeon :D

Besides, they are now easier to get at :rolleyes: ;) :wave: