Which one LV or LN ...?

Which Low Angle Block Plane would you buy?

• Lee Valley Veritas DX60 Low Angle Block Plane

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Lie-Nielsen Low Angle Adjustable Mouth Block Plane

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The "Used Plane" route certainly has merit, but I've yet to see one used low angle block plane on auction here yet, so where would I get these multipul LA used planes, E-bay? .........

Jeff, I guess you shop is that much larger than mine that you need three planes to keep one within reach, I'll be fine with just one in my small Dungeon. :D

I understand and would probably feel the same in your situation. But if you ever do need a used plane or old woodworking tool, I know the fellow you should deal with. Never heard a single complaint about him or what he sales. I don't make recommendations typically but Walt is one I do without hesitation. Even if I was in Japan.

And yea, your Dungeon would fit in my shop with room to spare.

In the end, I went with the DX60, not the NX60 of the Lee Valley Veritas flavour.

I decided that the extra $100 for the NX60 plane, essentially for the extra flash, or bling, would be better spent on something else, and that turned out to be a >> RazerTip SK Wood Burning << set up :thumb:

After I polished the back of the blade and then the bevel, making it "Sharp" I went to work with the plane.........

veritas_dx60_walnut.JPG
Some walnut as well as maple, and elm, all came away silky smooth

veritas_dx60_endgrain.JPG
This is Ash, endgrain, it is amazing how smooth it is now, the plane really works wonderfully.

Cheers!