Snowpeople

Here are the snowmen/people that my students turned this year. This was their second assignment. The eggs were their first and third assignments for this year so far. Again, this is this year's crop of students. I teach HS (9th thru 12th graders). Male, female, top of the class, special ed and all areas in between. 7 JET minis, so guidance puts 14 beginners and at least two advanced students in each group! :eek: Hey, makes for a short day!! So here are the snow people. Wish I had the foresight to put a yardstick behind them so you could actually see the size differences in them! Some pushed the limits of the JET minis while others were on the small side!! But all like my students are individuals and very interesting. Fourth project is our Soldier Pen Project. This year we have a goal of 400 pens. We are probably going to take our pens to the local Woodcraft store and let them mail them to the Freedom Pen Project. I will start a thread on the pens hopefully next week. Thanks for looking and commenting, I print out the comments and post them so the students can see your interest. 2--9.jpg

2--6.jpg

2--2.jpg

2--5.jpg

2--3.jpg

2--7.jpg

2--4.jpg

2--10.jpg

Real cool snowmen Jon. What will be the next project for these kids? a small birdhouse? or maybe a whistle?

They must enjoy the class and themselves a lot.
Congratulations for the good job you make with them.:thumb::thumb:

Those are great :thumb:
I bet the kids are really proud of themselves.
They will remember this when their old and gray. I still remember the lamp my junior high shop teacher, Mr. Stone helped me with.

Looks like they are having a lot of fun and learning some valuable skills too.

The address to ship directly to Freedom Pen Project is:
Freedom Pens Project C/O
Northwind Associates
8770 Little England Rd
Hayes, VA 23072

Great way for those girls and boys to really feel proud of what they can do for our troops.