Triton Respirator--is it discontinued?

Jeff Bower

With Christmas not that far away, I was looking around for the best price on the Triton Repirator to ask for gift cards to wherever that is....I can't find it in stock anywhere. :huh: It's still on the Triton site, but not in stock anywhere online that I can find. Any ideas or do you know of a new version coming out? :dunno:

Triton's US operation is rather poor compared to their Aus site so best of luck if you contact them.

If I we're looking for a respirator I'd have to fly the flag and get the Trend. Self contained so no hose to catch on anything.

Triton's US operation is rather poor compared to their Aus site so best of luck if you contact them.

If I we're looking for a respirator I'd have to fly the flag and get the Trend. Self contained so no hose to catch on anything.

I sent an email to enquire but haven't heard back....:rolleyes:

I would get the Trend, but at 2Xs the cost, it might be out of reach...I might just go witha Dust B Gone mask and save a little more for now....

I have a Triton Respirator and love it. All the weight is on my waist (with my big or semi- big belly).

I read that they are having some-sort of financial problems -- the hint is that they are going away here in the states. (may have been bought out and not doing business in the USA was the rumor )

Please this is unfounded info...... who knows...?

SO I might be stuck when battery and filter goes away.

I really like the respirator and it has served me well.

Paul

I have a Triton Respirator and love it. All the weight is on my waist (with my big or semi- big belly).

I read that they are having some-sort of financial problems -- the hint is that they are going away here in the states. (may have been bought out and not doing business in the USA was the rumor )

Please this is unfounded info...... who knows...?

SO I might be stuck when battery and filter goes away.

I really like the respirator and it has served me well.

Paul

Paul, thought that this might be the case...I didn't find any proof of it, but I talked to someon local to me and he said he heard the same thing.

My dad has one and loves it as well. Guess I might be out of luck, I'll find something else.

I too have the Triton, and I like it, but about a year ago they stopped carrying it here in Japan, lack of interest. Safety equipment is not very well done here. I see guys here in constructions sites running jack hammers, no eye protection, no hearing protection and wearing soft tabby boots......:rolleyes:

No OSHA or Health and Safety hereto speak of either..... :(

Cheers!

Triton was bought out by the company that makes GMC stuff. I know there was a lot of stink about it on the Aus forums as to whether or not the quality or the tools themselves would continue. Unfortunately the GMC company doesn't seem to be as motivated as the company who bought Milwaukee (look at all the new milwaukee tools as of late)so Triton's future doesnt look too good.

GMC rubbish used to be available at blowes but I haven't seen anything of it for ages so maybe they're quitiing the US market completely