Buckthorn bowl

This little guy is Buckthorn.....a noxious invasive bush/small tree that I have a TON of on my property. They are a small tree, but WOW, I like this wood. It cracks easily and my pics don't do it justice...but it is 3-D awesome wood.

Measures 6 1/2 wide x 2 1/4 tall. Walnut oil finish as it was a special order.

HPIM3791650x461.jpg

HPIM3796650x464.jpg

Any and all comments/critiques welcome.

Fine bowl, and I really like that wood Barry. Too bad the trees don't grow bigger. I'd love to see something like that in the 12" to 15" range.

Barry that looks great. Lots of beautiful color in there. The main guy who runs my local turner's club had made a peppermill out of this stuff and he said he loves it. He said there's also a lot of burl to be found in them and that it's the cheapest burl you can find :thumb: ...although very small sections. But he said that it is so unwanted that you could go to a state park and cut it down. Not positive if that's 100% true, just somethin I heard. Anyway, again that looks really nice, Barry! :thumb:

Thanks folks and FYI, people who bought it love it!

Westley, buckthorn is aggressively "dealt" with here on state and federal land. I need to design a lever type tree puller as this stuff grows thick if you cut it flush to the ground......