A treat for my friends on FWW or maybe you are tired by now

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
attachment.php

Long Clicker Ball Point pen in Pumpkin Pearl and Black Titanium

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple of silly pens for Christmas presents in Russian Olive wood.

attachment.php

This is one of my favourite styles of pen. It is a Sierra Click in dyed Curly Maple (self dyed). I have converted it to a gell rollerball rather than a ballpoint pen.

attachment.php

These are called Perfect Fit pens (the same pen as my everyday carry pen). On the left is Burnt Copper, the right one is titled Golden Dawn. The platings are long lasting Titanum Gold.

attachment.php

This pen started life as a pen, but finished up as a pencil. Long story, not my fault. She's crying for a mate, so that's on my to do list.

attachment.php

This pen is waiting for a young couple to be married, and wants to assist them to sign their marriage license. It is a Cambridge style in Titanium Gold and Sterling Silver with a rollerball writing nib.

I trust I haven't bored you to death. As a flagrant advertisement, if any of these pens excite your senses, and you would like additional info with respect to purchasing or the makeup of them, kindly feel free to send me a pm. I promise to reply in short order.

Tired of this? You have to be joking! Very nice looking pens!

Love the crosses. You have appeared to have mastered a pretty difficult technique! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mack,
I love your pens, never tire of looking at them. I have never turned one but it's on my to do list. Have you ever done a tutorial on doing the Celtic knot design? Is it inlaid?

Keep 'em coming :thumb:

Dan

Mack I never get tired of seeing top quality work like your pens :clap:

I just love all the colors, boy you have some really sweet ones in this group of pens.

Keep them coming Mack! :D :thumb:

Id have to attach a bicycle chain to one of those if I ever had one, because those are works are art, and I know if I laid it down in a split second someone would pick that up because those are eye catchers, not something youd see in most peoples hands.(that burnt copper pen is stunning)

Yawwwwwn. :rolleyes: Ol' Mack and his pens again. :rofl:

Are you kidding? Nothing to get tired of from where I'm sitting. :thumb: Keep 'em coming! This batch looks superb, as usual. By the way, the Perfect Fit is one of my favorite kits.

Mack,
I love your pens, never tire of looking at them. I have never turned one but it's on my to do list. Have you ever done a tutorial on doing the Celtic knot design? Is it inlaid?

Keep 'em coming :thumb:

Dan
Hi Dan; There are a number of tuts on a couple of penturning forums that I visit. Many use complicated jigs etc. for the glueups. I'm not that precise of a woodworker, so I have devised my own very simple method for gluing and it works for me.

To make the knot itself requires cutting and gluing the stock for the pen 4 times at a precise angle with a blade that is the same thickness as the material one is using for the knot.

This material is used in guitar making (pickguard) and is a 3 part sandwich coincidentally the identical thickness (.095")of my TS blade. It comes in a few different colour combinations.

attachment.php

The Black Yellow Black is one of my favourite combos.

Beautiful work. I am humbled by your finishes.
Tell us more about the white one. I'm not familiar with the Cambridge. What is the material?
Hi Frank; The Cambridge is a high end pen (either FP or RB) with platings of Titanium Gold & Sterling Silver. It's available from Berea Hardwoods in the US, although I purchase mine through a small family owned Canadian pen kit retailer.

The white material is called Alternate Ivory.

Here's a little blurb regarding it from the importer exoticblanks.com

A wonderful creamy ivory. The ever so slight suggestions of a lighter color give this resin the impression of a grain. Just like real ivory. Classy on it's own, or when used in laminations, this is one of the most popular and versatile of all of our imported products.

It likes a very sharp skew used kind of like a scraper. It has a tendency to crackle with too heavy a cut. It wet polishes like a dream up to 12,000 mm grit, with a little dish detergent added to the water. This one has a coat of Hut ULTRA GLOSS plastic polish to finish it off.

Mack, these are great. I really like your "wedding" pen. As a wedding photographer myself, I'm going to have to give this some serious thought. I've never seen any clips or rings with "diamonds" in them. Did you buy that all as a kit?

Tom

Mack, these are great. I really like your "wedding" pen. As a wedding photographer myself, I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.
I've never seen any clips or rings with "diamonds" in them.
Hi Tom; You are the 2nd person to mention that. Actually it is just the way the Ster. Sil. shows up on the clip. Not real diamonds!
Did you buy that all as a kit?
The pen kit can be purchased in the US from Berea Hardwoods.

http://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-kit/supplies/pk-cambridge.html

The turned material comes from here.

http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

Hope this helps!

Mack, I am tired, but it is from work, never from looking at your work!!!! Man I would love to sit in your shop and watch you complete a pen from start to finish! I know it would be a great conversation, but just the ability to watch a master at work would be an experience money could never buy. Beautiful pens as usual. I really like the color combinations of wood and acrylic with the pen kits. I have made wedding pens for couples to use for their guests to sign the guest book. That wedding pen is something I have to seriously consider for my daughters weddings this coming summer. Thanks for the inspiration and please don't ever think we tire of seeing your pens! 90 students will have the opportunity to see them today so your view count will be off as I will show them to four groups of students of over 20+ students each.

Mack I'm looking at your "click Sierra pen". You said that you converted it to a "gel" rollerball. Is that just a different refill or do you have to make other changes to it to accept the "gel" rollerball?

Thanks,
Tom