From Tucson Az. Hi,

Dennis Kranz

Just wanted to say Hi to all of you. I have been reading your posts and looking at your pictures for over a year now. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I started turning about 3 years ago. At that time all I had was a metal awning in the back yard. Last November I put up a 12 by 16 shed and made that my turning shop. Started with a Jet 1014. That little machine runs great. But like most of you it didn't take long and I wanted bigger. Thats how I got here in the first place. I E mailed Frank and asked him about the Grizzly he was using. Was all set to get one when Tool Nut had there big sale. Ended up with a 1642-2 Jet. In a couple of weeks I will be doing my first craft show. It is at my wifes work they hold one for employees only so very small and just a good way to meet people. Looking forward to reading a lot more posts and waiting for the day my stuff looks as good as yours.
Dennis

Glad to see you decided to step out into the open and say hi, Dennis. :wave: As you've already learned, there's always room for one more in the Abyss. :D Congrats on your upcoming show. You think you're hooked on turning now? Wait until you get paid a bit of money for making things you enjoy making. ;)

Welcome to the Family Dennis! :wave:

If you want to, show us some pics of your workshop, I'm always looking for pics of other guy's workshops, as there are always some good ideas lurking in there somewhere that can be borrowed!

Cheers!

Hey Dennis,
Welcome to the group.... I envy you your location... I spent 14 months in Tucson back in '94-95 and when I retired in 2005 would have gone back there if I could have afforded it. I worked for North American up on I10 near La Canada. The job was okay, but since I could make 2 1/2 as much back in Houston, had to move back to the humidity.