something the nuttier amongst us do for fun

been there done that and they take alot of time to set it up and they can get them to drop real close to the starting point.. the one i saw the guy was in competition and was doing this one for fun at a super bowl party.. it landed 15 ft from where it left...and was almost out a sight high...its neat to see in relal life if yu get a cahnce this one i saw was in ole miss...

I would wonder about the stress fractures that might develop in the base area where the pocket is milled out. That has got to be a real fast spike with a lot of pressure. I would think there is not much comparison to a hammer blow. I wonder how long before shrapnel gets scattered? I admit that I like stuff like this, call it zany science, or whatever. I wonder if we will read about a new Darwin award winner, killed by an exploding or flying anvil?

I would wonder about the stress fractures that might develop in the base area where the pocket is milled out. That has got to be a real fast spike with a lot of pressure. I would think there is not much comparison to a hammer blow. I wonder how long before shrapnel gets scattered? I admit that I like stuff like this, call it zany science, or whatever. I wonder if we will read about a new Darwin award winner, killed by an exploding or flying anvil?

I don't have anything to prove what I'm saying except my own thinking, so I could very well be WRONG, but, the only thing holding the two anvils together is gravity, so once that is over come, I don't see much pressure that would damage the anvils, I think they are fairly tough. It looks like they are using steel anvils, not cast iron ones too, which would make them even more resistant to damage, I think..... :huh: :dunno:

Sure would be cool to watch! :D