Partial Payment....

Stuart Ablett

...for the Aparto II job......

lee_valley_order.jpg

I finally rememberd to order a set of dado shims, when I bought my dado set from LV, they did not come with the shims, now they do, I figure this will be better than using pieces of cardboard, or old pop cans :D

I also got the nice workbench brush, the one I have is for washing car wheels, and it is worn out, this is MUCH nicer.

I also got my DX60 low angle block plane, in the end I decided to spend the extra $100 that I would have spent buying the premium version (NX60) on the wood burning tool that you can't see in the white box!

I also got a set of LV Bench dogs, and finally, under the Christmas catalog, that is a LV turner's smock, been wanting one of these for some time.

Not a bad partial payment :D

When I get the block plane all tuned up (not much to do I think) I'll be posting a report, and when I get a chance, I'll go over to my buddy Sugita san's place and have a shoot out with his Lie-Nielsen version! :thumb:

Cheers!

Nice goodies Stu. :thumb: I see you love that store as much as i do. ;)

Question why did you go for the bench dogs. I am just about to make some of yours following your tutorial on your round version and some other reasearch i have just completed. I thought you nailed it.

Was going to try a mix between what you did and Glenn Bradleys with the bullet catch. Thought the one thing that wooden dogs would not do is ever catch and damage a sharp edge.

Just curious? Maybe i have to rethink my logic.:wave:

Rob, you logic is fine, I just wanted two try two of them, they are VERY good, and will have a place on my bench, but from scraps I can turn LOADS of the wooden kind. The next ones I'll make will be Maple, the first ones I made are from the same wood as I made the back bench from and they are a bit soft, the Maple ones should be great!

Cheers!