It's Friday so whatcha got planned

...Well, at least with the wind storm the come down all at once, but I bet you got to pick up branches too eh?...

No, the red oaks tend to give up their leaves very slowly. Last year, they still had some of the old leaves that were pushed off in the Spring when the new buds popped.

But, with so many trees, there're still plenty of leaves to rake.

Unfortunately, it started to rain overnight, so now the leaves are pretty much glued down until they dry out. Guess I'll have to find something else to do. Hey! I hear the shop calling...

We are actually supposed to have sunshine today. If the leaves dry enough, I'll be outside blowing leaves. Later going to a quilt show in town. It is actually very interesting and this one is a pretty big deal. I might pick up some ideas on something to make and sell.

Frank one Item that you can make for quilters is quilt racks. I have made a few. The first one was for LOML. She wanted one that had a drawer in the bottom. Seems she had not seen one with a drawer. There not hard to make and even women who only buy quilts want em.

I had the yard cleaned then the wind and rain started. It looks like I didn't even rake. At least there are a few less for next time.
I hate my oak trees. I'm surrounded by woods full of them. It takes all winter for the leaves to fall off. The maples, birches and hickory are all bare but the poplar and oaks hang on. Plus, I must have 10 bushels of acorns everywhere. My lawn tractor shoots them across the yard like missiles.
The oaks would be bearable at least if the leaves turned color. They just go brown and ugly.
Over the past 15 years I've probably had 10 huge ones cut dawn. I have several huge pines that are making me a bit nervous as well.

Frank one Item that you can make for quilters is quilt racks. I have made a few. The first one was for LOML. She wanted one that had a drawer in the bottom. Seems she had not seen one with a drawer. There not hard to make and even women who only buy quilts want em.

I was going to suggest quilt racks, and the possibilities for designs are endless. We also make quilt hangers that attach to the wall to hang those heirloom or fancy quilts that don't get used. Two pieces, with velcro on the inside to catch the threads to hold - the pinchy-squeezy ones that most places sell will destroy a quilt (or a rug) after a few years. We make them Southwest design, but they can be fancied up a lot for the "Eastern" crowd.

...so I think Ill knock off a bedroom set, a new set of kitchen cabinets, do the bathroom vanity and make shutters for a front window to match the entranceway I made.

So you're saying it'll be a normal weekend for you then, huh?

Will the iguanas becoming over to do karaoke again?:rofl:

Around Don's place, and iguanas would be sun dried to a crisp in a couple of hours. (They like rain forests, two words that don't usually get mentioned in the same paragraph as Arizona.) :D He's got gila monsters instead.

Knee replacement surgery on Monday.

Best of success to you, Frank. :thumb: They've got that procedure down to an art these days. I hope you're up and running soon.

Not much shop time for me this weekend. We've had my sis and BIL visiting since Thursday. We've been hanging around, grilling up a storm, and having an overall good time. We all spent Saturday 100 miles or so south of here in Carlsbad, CA with our niece and her hubby and son. They have access to a resort property across the street from Legoland, so we spent the day lounging around the pool and eating a picnic lunch. Sunday is a trip down to the coast in search of some good seafood, followed by more grillin' and chillin' on Monday.

Well it's late Sunday now - but I have the week off.

Tomorrow I will be getting 120 yards of fill and loam

Tuesday I will be getting a bobcat and spreading it.

Rest of the week, yard cleanup and shop cleanup.

Well sense you asked, Went to Va on friday to hunt Saturday morning before picking my son up to come home in the Saturday afternoon. I hope this dose not offend any one.
With a little rain and damp morning I loaded the 50 In-line for the morning hunt. 5 doe's entered the field and feed for about an hour then walked off after being alerted to something coming out of the woods. After the doe's hustled out I broke out the antlers and rattled a few seconds and as lightning would strike this big body 6 point was standing 50 yards out. Bewilder that he did not see a fight happening. He put his nose to the ground got a whiff of the doe's and lifted his head turned broadside and BooM! he was off , Dead deer running. He crashed in the hedge row at the top of the hill and I was very happy until I saw him. The bullet hit it's mark at the shoulder and exited the gut exploding it. He will make a lot of jerky. LOL Thank you Lord.

This buck was taken on the Farm the Lord gave myself and my son Jacob to hunt for the 4 years he attends FUMA in Va.

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0232.jpg

CIMG0237.jpg

You shot Bambi's daddy..:eek::eek:

Congratulations on a nice kill... the horns should make a few antler pens... don't know much about venison... never been a hunter myself and only time I've had wild game was at my uncle's in CA.... he and his BIL were avid hunters... they hunted elk in Idaho, Deer in CA and the BIL went to Canada to hunt moose one year. As I remember, the elk was very good eatin'.... don't think I got any of the moose.

I love venison burgers !!!
Nice take :thumb:
I don't hunt anymore but when I was younger it was an unwritten rule that we would not shave until we got a deer. Some years I was going for the "Rip Van Winkle" look. :)
Great school your son is going to. One of the best in the country.
Is he planning on going in the military when he graduates ?

Last edited:
He's applying to Hampton S in Va and Md and Naval Academy. Kid pulled a 98 in AP Cal, straight "A" student and wants Engineering. A few pic's of Jake. We get to hunt together on Saturday afternoons.

Attachments

• 650392065_cPueC-Ti.jpg
    650392065_cPueC-Ti.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 659742940_xmdmp-M.jpg
    659742940_xmdmp-M.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 664901344_F66QM-Ti.jpg
    664901344_F66QM-Ti.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 26