What I did on Sunday.....

Stuart Ablett

.....and my fingers hurt, as well as my elbows but these are all stupid sharp now.........

chisels_planes_sharp.jpg

Some of the chisels where not that much work, but some of them required a LOT of work, as I'd never touched them after buying them on auction here.

Boy are they sharp, I can easily slice end grain on pine, leaving a shinny smooth surface :thumb:

I have two more block planes, two #5s and one more #4 that need attention.

Cheers!

Looking good Stu, Don't ya just love those sick days? Nothing better to do than the small but oh so important tasks. I had one of those days a few weeks ago and did the same thing. Hope your feeling better today. Do the do anything for Halloween in Japan?

Looking good Stu, Don't ya just love those sick days? Nothing better to do than the small but oh so important tasks. I had one of those days a few weeks ago and did the same thing. Hope your feeling better today. Do the do anything for Halloween in Japan?

Yeah, I have been feeling rather miserable all day, the cold meds help, a bit, but I don't want to be running any serious power tools when I'm on that stuff, so I turned on the radio, and pulled up my shop stool, and got to work sharpening, when I really felt bad, I retired upstairs and had a nap or two :rolleyes:

Halloween is not really celebrated, more of a commercial thing, my kids got dressed up and went to a halloween party.:wave:

See,,,I told ya this would happen if you went and bought a bunch of flat rocks. LOL :rofl:

Looks good Stu. :thumb:

I need to do a lot of mine again too. But, my "rocks" only go to 1000 grit. :eek: I guess that will still work ok. :dunno:

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Aloha, Tony

Too bad you didn't feel well, but you sure got a lot done! :thumb:

I love tool sharpening day!

About once a year I get out all the knives in the house, chisels and stuff that needs sharpening and sit down and go to work.

The repetitive nature of the task and the satisfaction in the sharpness of the tools makes for rewarding day!

Well, That's just the day I do everything including the kitchen tools! :D

Its the kind of day when you have absolutely no hair left on the forearms to test against. :rofl:

I tend to sharpen my tools up on an 'as needed' basis... Truthfully, though, I don't use my 'good' chisels or planes often enough. I do have a little buck brothers 3/4 inch chisel that gets used a ton and tends to just get tossed around the ole tool drawer. He gets sharpened up fairly often.

I did make a strop out of an old belt and some scrap wood that I keep in the kitchen. It does a pretty good job of keeping the kitchen knives honed inbetween sharpenings.