Showing the Toni's Mango from the swap box.

Chuck Ellis

Toni,
This is the pens I made from the mango in the swap box.. I actually got two pieces of the mango..

The European sold the first time I showed it, but I still have the cigar... haven't been to a show since I made it, but expect it will go same as the Euro... if you participate in Lap II, put some more in the box... I'll glomb onto that too if it reaches me...:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• 33-794.JPG
    33-794.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 33-794-2.JPG
    33-794-2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 33-828-2.JPG
    33-828-2.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 33-828-5.JPG
    33-828-5.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 36
They both look great dressed in the Mango.
What finish did you use?
What is Lap II ?

Les

I use a CA finish on all of my pens... Medium CA in about 6 or 8 coats.. using an accelerator after the first, then after about every 3, then a final... wet sand with the micro pads from PSI and a plastic polish.

Lap II is another round of the pen blank swap... the box is sent around the country, US and Canada, turners take pieces out and add some back before sending it on.... I think Ned is running the swap... don't know if it's closed yet or not... I think he was looking for a couple more Canadians to participate.

This is link to the thread... check it out.. we'd like to have you in if it's still open... some cool stuff went around on Lap I.
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15242

Last edited:
Thanks for the pix Chuck. Those pens look great. :thumb:

I am not taking part in "Lap II", but may agin later. :( But, I'll save all I can find for that. I could send you some anyway, if you PM me your mailing address.

Oh, and BTW, I'm Tony, from Hawaii. :wave: Toni is from Spain. ;) :rofl:

Aloha, Tony :D

Thanks for the pix Chuck. Those pens look great. :thumb:

I am not taking part in "Lap II", but may agin later. :( But, I'll save all I can find for that. I could send you some anyway, if you PM me your mailing address.

Oh, and BTW, I'm Tony, from Hawaii. :wave: Toni is from Spain. ;) :rofl:

Aloha, Tony :D

Yeah, it took me a while, at first I thought I had some sudden amnesy attack because I couldn't remember when I sent that wood.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, you guys gotta cut me some slack... :D.. especially at my age.

I actually knew I was talking to Tony not Toni... but can't always spell what I'm thinking.:rofl::rofl:

either way, it's beautiful wood.