Norm & Russ say Goodbye...

THE AMBASSADOR'S A:eek::eek::doh::doh::eek::(
Okay, Merlau's Mas:eek::huh::p
Welllllllllll, Larry's Log Works!!!! :thumb::thumb::D:D:):):thumb::thumb:

Yes, they will be missed, they created something we hope will be continued in another vein (like turning???) and not be a drone duplicate that will do more harm than good. With all of these passings, new opportunities arise, we hope the right people are in place at the correct time and place to make the most of the opportunity so all of us may reap the benefits. pssssst, Larry, :wave::wave:down here, would you autograph my Family hat before you become a bigger star???? Please????:thumb:

It will be interesting to see if there is anyone out there who can pick up where they left off. I know a lot of people like to critique Norm, but say what you will, he certainly did a lot to energize the DIY and home work shop folks, like myself.

I've always enjoyed his shows, and I do know one thing, I always put on safety glasses when I go in the shop, and every time I do, a little part of my brain thinks back to Norm saying 'And Remember, theres no more important safety rule than to wear these, safety glasses' :thumb:

Last edited:
Norm has a great talent for explaining woodworking in a way that made people believe they could do it too. It's hard to imagine how many thousands of woodworkers, like myself, started because he gave us the confidence to try.
I'd love to see PBS start a show on woodturning. Here's the concept:
Someone like Bill Grumbine hosts and each week has a different guest. They start with the basics and work their way through the advanced. Spindle work, bowls, pens, hollow forms, embelishments, etc. Green wood from tree to turning, all the drying processes, finishes, the whole gamut. Anyone want to become a TV producer?

Tim Yoder's show is great, unfortunately my local PBS station does not see any value into showing woodworking related programing any more. I also think that Bill would be great with a show. I have his videos and his humor would be great to experience each week.

PBS is becoming too elite for the likes of us woodworkers IMHO.