800$ Wooden Plate from Brooks Brothers.

I'm not ready to work in irushi, though - it's like the worst poison ivy rash in history.

Too bad about the ebonizing... that plate could as easily have been cast in plastic.

Look Brent, I told you before, you don't need to get me a Christmas present from Brooks Brothers, shop at the Lee Valley or Craft Supply site;) :D :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Like that would be cheaper! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I just ordered a scraper plane from Lee Valley. My wife has a nasty habit of coming out in the garage everytime I take the box from the delivery driver and asking 'What did you get today'....

And I've been very bad. There's been deliveries almost everyday this week :eek:

Oh, and I'm definitely not the Brooks Brothers type. A nephew just got a job there and has been posting a bunch of this stuff on Facebook. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of these...

Like that would be cheaper! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I just ordered a scraper plane from Lee Valley. My wife has a nasty habit of coming out in the garage everytime I take the box from the delivery driver and asking 'What did you get today'....

And I've been very bad. There's been deliveries almost everyday this week :eek:

I gave up on trying to hide stuff a LONG time ago, I now have a "Tools and Hobby" bank account/credit card, that is funded by me and my hobbies, if there is money in the account to cover it, fine, otherwise, I don't even think about ordering it. The other bonus about this is that when I buy something for my lovely wife, she will not see how much it costs on the family Credit card bill.

I'll be looking forward to your review on that scraper plane, it is on my list of planes I'm interested in.

Cheers!

Oh, and I'm definitely not the Brooks Brothers type. A nephew just got a job there and has been posting a bunch of this stuff on Facebook. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of these...

Don't worry, they certainly are interesting items, I had no idea that stuff like that went for those prices. Best of luck to your nephew in his new job! :thumb:

I was just getting ready to order one of the plates and matching trays, then I saw that they are not dishwasher safe. :doh:Dealbreaker. :rolleyes: :D

Very interesting items - but what's with the dead sheep hanging from the bow?
Is it a Brooks Brothers thing?

Wes

Looked it up on Wikipedia.

The Golden Fleece symbol was adopted as the company's trademark in 1850. A sheep suspended in a ribbon had long been a symbol of British woolen merchants. Dating from the 15th century, it had been the emblem of the Knights of the Golden Fleece, founded by Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy. In ancient Greek mythology, a magical flying ram, or Golden Fleece, was sought by Jason and the Argonauts.

I've still got a question mark about how you can hang that fat of a sheep by a ribbon.... :huh:

I gave up on trying to hide stuff a LONG time ago, I now have a "Tools and Hobby" bank account/credit card, that is funded by me and my hobbies, if there is money in the account to cover it, fine, otherwise, I don't even think about ordering it. The other bonus about this is that when I buy something for my lovely wife, she will not see how much it costs on the family Credit card bill.

I'll be looking forward to your review on that scraper plane, it is on my list of planes I'm interested in.

Cheers!

Same here, unless she says, You need that don't you... then I know she'll approve payment... btw... I keep all of my money in her pocketbook, just case of mugging... that way I don't get hurt..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I've learned something new.:thumb: My how uncouth I am - can't take me anywhere. :D It just looked like a little "X" instead of the eye - like a cartoon.

Wes