a turning effort

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I made this (with Don Baker's help because I have a busted rib) for a classmate who is being married today.

Just to show I really do do some woodworking!

Attachments

• Chris wedding pen.jpg
    Chris wedding pen.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 72
Wow, that is a beauty Carol! :clap:

I'm sure it will be very well received :thumb:

Busted rib, OUCH, I use to bust them all the time, 25 years ago, playing football or riding.......... OK, "Crashing" off-rode bikes..... :rolleyes: :wave:

Don't watch any comedy shows for a while, laughing hurts!

Heal fast! :D

So you guys missed the wood, huh? Its there. a tiny ring above the nib. The acrylic chipped when barrel trimming. After it was done a 3/32" wide ring was needed to make up the gap. That was only boo-boo. But the challenge of turning a tiny ring, 3/8" ID, 3/32" wide and 1/16" thick kept the day from getting dull! Only turned one. It broke cleanly when installing it, so I wound up gluing it one. It serves as a friction ring to keep the fingers from slipping on the highly polished (4000 grit followed by plastic rubbing compound) acrylic barrel. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I may be an amateur turner but I have been recovering from woodworking foopaa's :rofl: for several decades now.

But thanks for your comments. It feels real good to finally finish something in the shop. Its been 5 years.

I assumed that was a design detail, intended to add character! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(Uh, the truth is I totally missed it)