New again ... hi from northern tier PA

Jim Brown

Hi all,

I haven't visited this forum (or any) in a long time, and never really participated actively here. I have been away from my tools for too long. But I'm closing on a house next week and will be moving out of one basement shop and into another .... so there will be questions.

And I'll be doing some home improvement stuff ... so there will be questions.

And I told my wife I'd do new cabinets for the kitchen, as soon as the shop is set up ... so there will be questions.

I see some familiar names around here, so I'm willing to bet I'll get some good answers. Hopefully someday I'll be able to provide some too. Looking forward to civil conversation about woodworking, etc.!

Jim Brown
Mansfield, PA

The house was built as a ranch in '71 and a 2nd story added sometime thereafter. Five small bedrooms, so we're looking at creating a master suite on the bottom floor, maybe with a walk-in closet of some kind. The whole place needs a roof, and there's an overhang in the front of the garage that hangs down lower than the garage door, making it impossible to park a truck in the garage. The whole place is going to take some patience!

But the shop comes first!

The house was built as a ranch in '71 and a 2nd story added sometime thereafter. Five small bedrooms, so we're looking at creating a master suite on the bottom floor, maybe with a walk-in closet of some kind. The whole place needs a roof, and there's an overhang in the front of the garage that hangs down lower than the garage door, making it impossible to park a truck in the garage. The whole place is going to take some patience!

But the shop comes first!

I've got a house that was built in the late 70's and was added on several times after that. It's got more oddities than ripley's believe it or not! So I hear you on the renovations. I've got a few that we are working on as well.

We always enjoy renovation stories and pictures, so please feel free to share!

Welcome Back!

I know where Towanda is, but I haven't been there yet. Still spending my weekends away for now, but pretty soon I'll have some more time to look around. Pretty country up here ... and they tell me it hardly ever snows! :)

Welcome Jim.Though i live in TN i was born and raised in a little town called LeRaysville PA. Not sure if you know where it is, but i'm sure you know where Towanda is, not to two far from there. Beautiful country but my bro says it's all ready getting cold.:eek: Take care and come on back and sit a spell.:wave::wave:
Steve

I know where Towanda is, but I haven't been there yet. Still spending my weekends away for now, but pretty soon I'll have some more time to look around. Pretty country up here ... and they tell me it hardly ever snows! :)

Jim it don't show as much as it did when i was a kid. I remember making show forts with tunnels going from one fort to the other.We always had at least 3or 4 ft sitting on the ground most of the winter.:D. that's one of the main reasons i moved down here.:thumb:
Steve