Good fortune

Rob Keeble

Well I guess I have been the recipient of good fortune lately and wish i had taken a lotto ticket the week it all happened.

I get a call from a friend (the one I help with his trailer rebuild) he asks "Rob do you want a Pantry" now i am thinking Pantry what do you mean, how do you give a Pantry away. I grew up in a house that had a Pantry and it was built in brick so my vision of giving one away was to say the least strange.

So i cautiously seek clarrification. Turns out his neighbor works at a kitchen cupboard manufacture. Turns out customer changed their mind. The Pantrys on the truck and is off to the dark hole of destruction if it aint commandeered.

So i say what do you mean by Pantry dont you want it XYZ. He says well i thought about it but it dont fit my home. So i says well what do you think i will do with it my house is already finished. He says put it in your shop.:eek:

So it arrives and its all wrapped up in protective plastic and i thought this is too good for my shop. But later i said why not. So there is now a Pantry in my shop in a temp holding place.

Here is the evidence

IMG_0016.jpg not bad for a freebie Eh?

Good to have friends that think of you when something like this comes up.:thumb::)

What comes around goes around. Must have been a good friend to him also and done some good deeds to inherit that! Good on you Rob, doesn't surprise me that he thinks highly of you!

Because of my caustic personality I do not have any friends. My wife agrees with my analysts. I know many people but true friends --nope -nada.

But if I had a friend I would like one like yours Rob.

Sweet. I have some salvaged kitchen cabinets that hold my routers and ROS stuff but they are old and I rescued them from the curb. Your's is cool.

Rennie thats exactly what i thought would happen. I am waiting for the town to call since i moved the unit from the Garage to the shop.:rofl::rofl: I think the thing that has them confused right now is the cabinet was going the wrong way.:D And even more confusing as far as they are concerned is all my milling of wood (for the workbench) and nothing coming out to show for it.

Hey maybe its time i put up a sign in the front saying wood wanted, and tours of my kitchen available.:D

Because of my caustic personality I do not have any friends.

Anti-Social People of the world unite! :D

Sounds about right for me, too. Guess there are a bunch of us...:D

Count me in. In fact, just 20 minutes ago while in line at the Walgreen check out I demonstrated it again. I was behind a young women buying a box of band aids, who once the clerk had punched her purchase, asked if he had a coupon for it. After watching him try to find one in several flyers and have everyone behind me jump to other lines, I commented that maybe the clerk should give her the flyers and let her get behind me while she looks for a coupon. She rolled her eyes at my comment which really fired me off. I then told her what I thought of her being so inconsiderate of everyone else in line. Suggested she come to the check out prepared with her coupons. They cut short their search and she zipped out the door with her $4.19 purchase. I really should not be let out in public. :D

Last edited:
I really should not be let out in public. :D

This is really funny to me. I've noticed over the years that woodworkers, professional or otherwise, are a very odd group. Social anxiety is very common. Wierd is a good adjective.

With that said, my ol' lady says I border on hostile when I'm around strangers. Especially in groups. Go figure....

I'm trully sorry for potentially offending any of you who happen to play with wood, and are not of the weird variety. Then again, no I'm not.:rofl:

It's clear now, why I am drawn to woodworking. I can't stand being around people either. My brother that is going to IU for head shrinking, says he could write a book about me. Maybe I should invite him over. He could do a series.......:type:

Geez, and I thought I was unique with my social anxiety/disorder. My family used to joke that if there were more than six people somewhere, I wouldn't be one of them. Crowds (more than a couple of people) affect like claustrophobia - I want to start swinging elbows. Even more so now that most people are so damned inconsiderate of others. Stand in line at Walmart and the people behind you either run into your archiles tendon with their cart or crowd you as if they are going to get through the line quicker by giving you no room. The more I see people, the more I appreciate my workshop!!!

Jim

And yet, it appears us anti-social types have very little problems discussing things of interest on this here website...

My wife and I tell people there's a reason we moved to a chunk of land out in the desert....

Actually, I find my table saw much better company than most people I have met - with the exception of my wife, of course!

My ideal place to live is a home with a porch all the way around four sides and far enough away from anyone else that I can fire a 30-06 into the air and not worry about hitting anyone!

Jim