Thank you Veterans

I tip my hat to all of you, past, present and future. I thank God you have served, I greatly appreciate all you did/are doing. Our country is what it is and its potential is what it is because of all you do. I just wanted to stand up and say, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart, may all of you enjoy health and prosperity and those currently serving, may God bring you home safe." Jon Shively

I humbly add a huge DITTO! Nothing grabs my heart more than thinking about those who have given me and mine our freedom through great personal sacrifice. It is for me a great privilege to be able to thank a veteran.

Thanks to all the Vets past and present that have given so much so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we do today. Thanks to my dad and grandfathers and currently my nephews that have and will be serving to keep these freedoms alive. I stand proud as a Canadian of what they have done and pray for the safe keeping of all our men and women near and abroad.

Rememberance day I feel should be every day, not just one day.

Vets are remembered in our house everyday.

Dad in front of medal case.jpg

This is my Dad (89 at the time) a vetran of WW2 standing in our house on the stairway in front of our family medals of all the vets that have gone before. Called and told him we were all remembering his effort and he thank me and said to thank you all. He is on his way to 93 years of age and for the first time since the war unable to attend a rememberance ceremony but said he was watching on TV all day and thinking of all his friends and former enemies that had lost their lives.
Thank CNN and BBC for their international coverage.
I often think people outside of the forces dont quiet realize how much it means to Vets to be appreciated and acknowledged.
I like to extend this appreciation to the non armed services as well, like those firefighters that save Vaughns homestead recently. Hey they kept our Admin safe.:thumb:

But a thought that crossed my mind today looking at all those medals was that we should probably also look to having a day of peace where we foster the ideal of global peace. I dont know of one vet that would want to see more wars.:(

A big thank you to all veterans for all they have done over the years to build this country and to have kept it free, and to help others in their fight for freedom all across the world. :thumb:

First, let me say "You're Welcome."

It is important what brave men and women have and are willing to go through to keep us free and to help people in dire straits persevere.

I started something several years ago. When I see a person in uniform or similarly identifiable as a person who helps others. Service personnel, fire, police, EMT's. I stopped being bashful and now walk up to them to shake their hand and say THANK YOU for what you do.

The looks on their faces and their responses let me know how much they appreciate the acknowledgment.

To end, I too, wish to say THANK YOU to all who serve, in any capacity.

Bruce