Welcome Kurt Chalmers...

Marty Walsh

Welcome aboard Kurt.

(Kurt's a very dear friend of mine from the frozen tundra of Saskatoon. Please don't hold either against him! :rolleyes: )

Glad you could come here to join us.
- Marty -

Shop heat

Being from the "Frozen tundra" I bought a "Mr. Heater "today supposed to heat 4,000 sq ft of space ,,,,,,,,,,,My Garage (shop) is 700 sq ft ,,,,,,will almost keep the frost out :confused: Propane powered forced air ,,,,,,,,real cool..............I mean warm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unit ! Been havin fun testing it out today ,,,,,,,

KURT!!!....How the heck are ya, my dearest old friend. Nice ta see ya. How's that ol' shop of yours doing. Must be getting a mite cold about now huh? Okay, gotta go for now, talk more later.

See ya.

Welcome Kurt,
And congrats on getting that propane shop heater going.

I have spent so much of my life fending off the cold in Minnesota and Wisconsin that I am very ready to move to Arizona, again.

Chainsawing wood, fortunately mostly white and red oak, wild cherry, hickory!!!, and elm, but unfortunately mostly off steep hillsides.

Occasionally staying up all night when windy and very cold, feeding both the woodstove and the wood range in the drafty little cabin, trying to keep my loved ones from freezing. We didn’t have to worry about the water, as those five gallon jugs were kept close to the range in the winter.

My gf and her son slept confidently after hearing the sounds of me splitting wood for the wood range’s firebox in the kitchen at night, which I ricked in the open range’s oven and warming ovens for quick morning heat.

Ahh, I still remember the night it went down to minus 40+, with the wind chill at 100° below. Recalling a Jack London story about a man gauging temp by noting whether his expectorant froze and crackled upon hitting the snow (-60°), or while still in the air (-80°), IIRC, I went out naked to the edge of the deck and urinated over the edge. No crackling, but a thrilling experience nonetheless.

Let us know how it goes… where the condensation/frost line is in your structure and how you deal with it. I will live vicariously through your reports from the North Country.

Thanks as well as welcome, Kurt,
Frank Chaffee

Let's see..........peeing naked outside when it's cold enough for your pee pee man to fall off. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................not a fun time.

:D

Welcome Kurt. I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods when my daughter and family lived in Prince Alabert for close to 10 years. Two years ago moved near Ottawa. It's great to have them close, but I really miss Saskatchewan

I love the cold, crispt, sunny winter days in Northern Saskachewan :) and think of them fondly when experiencing the grey, dirty, mostly-hovering-around-freezing winters we get here in Toronto.:(

Welcome Kurt,
And congrats on getting that propane shop heater going.

I have spent so much of my life fending off the cold in Minnesota and Wisconsin that I am very ready to move to Arizona, again.

Chainsawing wood, fortunately mostly white and red oak, wild cherry, hickory!!!, and elm, but unfortunately mostly off steep hillsides.

Occasionally staying up all night when windy and very cold, feeding both the woodstove and the wood range in the drafty little cabin, trying to keep my loved ones from freezing. We didn’t have to worry about the water, as those five gallon jugs were kept close to the range in the winter.

My gf and her son slept confidently after hearing the sounds of me splitting wood for the wood range’s firebox in the kitchen at night, which I ricked in the open range’s oven and warming ovens for quick morning heat.

Ahh, I still remember the night it went down to minus 40+, with the wind chill at 100° below. Recalling a Jack London story about a man gauging temp by noting whether his expectorant froze and crackled upon hitting the snow (-60°), or while still in the air (-80°), IIRC, I went out naked to the edge of the deck and urinated over the edge. No crackling, but a thrilling experience nonetheless.

Let us know how it goes… where the condensation/frost line is in your structure and how you deal with it. I will live vicariously through your reports from the North Country.

Thanks as well as welcome, Kurt,
Frank Chaffee

So Frank. Which side of the wording issues here do you stand on:confused:
Chili Cookoff was a no go for you.

So Frank. Which side of the wording issues here do you stand on:confused:
Chili Cookoff was a no go for you.
Steve,
Thanks for noting this post and inquiring of my views on wording issues.

Marty Walsh has suggested to me that a better place for discussing issues such as this is in the Members Only Forum, and I agree and will share further thoughts on this issue there.

Frank Chaffee

Steve,
Thanks for noting this post and inquiring of my views on wording issues.

Marty Walsh has suggested to me that a better place for discussing issues such as this is in the Members Only Forum, and I agree and will share further thoughts on this issue there.

Frank Chaffee

Thanks