It's Friday so whatcha guys doing

Tomorrow: Finishing my deer scaffold on my property (back-up hunting spot), cleaning and organizing the shop, and pulling out more tree tops to cut up for firewood.

Sunday, Nov 15 - 30 Deer hunting. Well, ok, I only have off through Nov 22. If I get my buck early, a lot more time will be spent in the shop. I plan to make a set of super saw horses from the last Shopnotes Issue. I have more frames to make for my daughters paintings. Then I have more shop projects in mind.

Extended forecast:

Then off to Canton, OH for Thanksgiving.

Go back to work for three weeks and have two weeks off at Christmas. I saved all of my vacation for these last two months. I have a week that I will have to cash in - no time to take it. Too bad the kids are in college yet, otherwise I could buy a lathe (sorry, Larry, I am going to get sucked in by the vortex before it is all over:D:rofl:).

...Then off to Canton, OH for Thanksgiving...

While you're in Canton, consider a side trip over to Hartville Hardware/Home Center. It's only about ten miles East, and well worth the trip.

Forty more miles to the East and you can come visit me - or let me know and I'll meet you in Hartville.

Took loml out to dinner tonight and in the morning will take her with me to work in Galveston to watch the sunrise on the Gulf of Mexico at the jobsite. I'll get my sub's working then take her out for breakfast.

I have a to-do list for the shop as long as my arm, and one for the house and yard that's as long as my other arm. I'm hoping to make it to the elbow on either or both lists this weekend, while still trying to get over the flu bug I've been fighting all week.

Same as Jonathan, deer season starts in the morning. Doesn't look like the weather is going to corporate, going to be warm. Seen several nice bucks the last few days. Might get in some more shop time. I hope.

...Seen several nice bucks the last few days...

Had three in my back yard last night. - 1 fork, one six and a magnificent big 8.

Six came early, just after dusk, then the fork. The 8 came around 10:30 and was still there, browsing the acorns, when I went to bed.

Big acorn crop this year, and with twelve big oaks in the yard, it's pretty much deer heaven.

hey rich on yur way threw drop in either in or out of ohio... and hey your not alone many of flt folk are falling tothe vortex our team is dwindling fast..its definatly a downward spiral:)

while discussing my wood purchases with my wood guy, I questioned him again about some things, like I brought him samples of white woods, and it looks like I made some errors with white oak and red oak.......anyway, he still insists the white stuff I have with colored striping is a form/related to rosewood family, as he remembers purchasing it for a client.
He told me its just a light version of the dark rosewoods most are used too.
anyhoo, Im going to "secretly" this weekend begin picking and sorting out alot of it, to make a coffee table and a matching end table for a den area. this will be the first pieces I put away for my kids. Nothing fancy, simple, but I cannot let my wife know Im building anything, since she wants me working on the wallpaper and things.
I will split my time so I will be able to go outside when noone is home during the week.
She agrees I need time to make some pens, so thats ok if Im out there, so I have quite a bit of string to roam.
I cant stop flatworking while the weather is still in the 50s, it would kill me.
so my weekend plans are to come home from the show tomorrow, and sneak around for a few hours while noone is around getting wood ready to be milled

the first paper that was up there we did ourselves, and it was a big job with a steamer.
when I changed it 10 years or so ago, forget it, nothing, I had no patience, so I hired a professional painter/wallpaper/contractor, he brought in a crew of 5-6 guys, nothing more than hot water tanks on their back, and scrapers, and did the room in a bit over 2 hours.
I asked them and they said to remove the paper the hanger was going to put up here, all I need to do is use a spray tank(I have a garden tank) with warm water, spray the paper, let it sit a few minutes, spray again then scrape it off easily.
Im looking to save money this time, so Ill scrape, and scrape, but I tested a small area, seems to come down easy enough.
Its also taking down a small portion of the stairway wall and putting up a handrail, kinda intimidating to me, since Ive never done any type construction or takedown work, but after I mess it up, I can always call in my neighbor who does general construction/contracter. Or I can always call alan B for step by step instructions.