Frankfurt WW points of interest

Peter Rideout

Hi Guys
I might have a few hours of personal time next week in the vicinity of Frankfurt am Main. If anyone has some advice on some interesting places to visit, even a home centre, I may be able to put it to good use.
As Stu knows from the "Japanese come-along story", it's always nice to have a cool, high-quality exotic tool or piece of rigging to hang in the shop as a conversation starter. ("Hey, that's neat, where'd you get it?", says my buddy. "Thank you for asking", says I, and "No, you can't borrow it")
It would be fun to at least have a look at some high-end European stuff.
Thanks, have a great weekend.:wave:
Peter

If instead of Frankurt it was Berlin where you were, you could visit Dieter Schmidt fine tools.
He's got japanese and american tools plus some german ones, but nothing that you can't get in US at much cheaper price.

Thanks Toni
I'll put Dieter Scmidt in my Berlin file for next time. You are right about not expecting to find any bargains, but it's always fun to find something unique that's not available at home. The Euro is around C$1.70 and generally, whatever costs a dollar at home is a Euro here.
Best regards
Peter

Thanks Toni
I The Euro is around C$1.70 and generally, whatever costs a dollar at home is a Euro here.
Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter, not that much, last exchange rate between Euro vs Dollar was about 1 Euro = 1.49 $, it has never been up to 1.70 if I remember well. But 50% price increase due to exchange rate is hard to take.

Hi Toni
Yes, $1.49's about right against the US$, which is currently about 1.10-1.11 Canadian, which makes it about $1.70Cdn/Euro. Any way you figure it = expensive.

By the way, that dove - what a beautiful piece of work, and even more, what a beautiful statement about the fellowship, goodwill and worldwide "reach" of this forum. Outstanding.

Regards
Peter

Hi Toni
Yes, $1.49's about right against the US$, which is currently about 1.10-1.11 Canadian, which makes it about $1.70Cdn/Euro. Any way you figure it = expensive.

By the way, that dove - what a beautiful piece of work, and even more, what a beautiful statement about the fellowship, goodwill and worldwide "reach" of this forum. Outstanding.

Regards
Peter
Hi Peter, sorry I didn't notice you were talking about $Cdn not US. Thanks for the compliment on the dove, making things work only depends on us, wich is something that too often is forgotten.:thumb: