Christmas in November

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Friday afternoon I found a box outside my door. The shipping label said it was from Easy Wood Tools in Owensboro, Kentucky. Hmm...I didn't remember ordering any tools from Craig. :huh:

Opened the box, and there were two new carbide-tipped tools: The Ci2 Mini Rougher and the brand new Ci3 Mini Finisher (plus spare carbide cutters for each). Here's what they look like...

Mini Easy Wood Tools - 01 800.jpg

Here's the invoice showing what was included...

Invoice 800.jpg

And a better look at the handwriting on the bottom...

Compliments of Stu.jpg

That sly devil Stu snuck me a Christmas present more than a month early. :D I've already thanked him privately, but wanted to do it here, too. :thumb: To steal his words, he's the Secret Santa-San. :santa:

I've had a chance to try both tools out a bit, and as expected, both are superbly made, and they work like a charm. Very easy to control, and nice, clean cuts. I can see both will be very handy and they will nicely fill some gaps in my arsenal.

For grins, here are the two new Minis next to an original Ci1 in a 24" Monster handle...

Mini Easy Wood Tools - 02 800.jpg

And next to a Ci0 in a 16" Monster handle...

Mini Easy Wood Tools - 03 800.jpg

They may be little, but they're very stout compared to any other "mini" tools I've used. I expect to get lots of miles out of these two.

Bad for you Vaughn. At christmas you'll have to sit and watch all the others opening their presents while you had none:rofl::rofl:.

You'd better wrap it back in a nice paper and do not open it again until December 25 ( if you can):D:D

Jokes apart, Vaughn, that opens more possibilites towards smaller shapes, so I expect to see great turnings made with them.:thumb::thumb:

Hey, I'm really happy you like them, I figured you would.

Craig and Donna have been very generous to me, and have given me several tools to try out and report back to them, I honestly would have no trouble at all paying for the tools, they are worth every penny, so this time around, I wanted to share my good fortune, and I know you could use them as they are great for the smaller boxes etc. and I wanted to say "Thanks Vaughn" as you are one of the guys that holds this place together :thumb:

We do expect to see some pics of the pieces you make with the help of these fine tools :D :wave:

Cheers!