Kudos and Gratitude

I offered a simple plan to the forum without any idea of the response it would have, and to be honest I'm completely surprise of the interest it has generated.

I quickly realized that I made a commitment that I didn't know if i could fulfill, mainly because of my computer abilities, or lack of, and my physical limitations.

But lo and hold other forum member volunteered to assist in the distributing and to help in preparing the plans. Without their help I would of had to disappear in embarrassment and a whole lot of "egg on my face"

I guess this is why you decided to call the forum Family Woodworking. This is a family in the true sense of the word.

My thanks and gratitude to all that spoke up and especially to Don Baer who has literally taken this project in hand to assure it's success.

A couple of hints on the construction - the slot on the back of the seat, don't cut this until you cut the the slot on the back and install the seat. You will want the edge of the slot fairly close to the back so the seat fits fairly tight, but not so tight that the key cannot be inserted or removed by the kids.

Watch the slot on the front of the sides. This is the slot that the seat slides into. If it's to sloppy, or loose, when you lift the chair by the hand slot on top of the back, the back will lift out of the top slots of the sides.

The piece under the seat, it spans from side to side, should be so that the top fits fairly close to the seat. This also helps keeping the chair sturdy when lifting by the back.

The sequence of assembly is,
Take the sides and install the back.
Put the piece under the seat,
Slide in the seat and put in the key to lock in place.
Take it apart switch sides, rotate the seat and back 180 degrees and make sure they will go together. When I make 5 or 10 chairs I make sure i can take any part from any chair and it will go together. You give more than one chair per household, if they're not different colors the parts must be interchangeable.

Remember they are for kids, sand paper is cheaper than band-aids.

Thank you for allowing me to become a member

Jiggs Elphison

...............I guess this is why you decided to call the forum Family Woodworking. This is a family in the true sense of the word................

Thank you for allowing me to become a member

Jiggs Elphison

You are correct in the first place :thumb: but not the second ;) :D

THANK YOU Jiggs for becoming a member and for sharing your ideas and plans with all of us. :clap:

Cheers!

Jiggs, I know the feeling, this place is just amazing as well as the folks in it!!! We appreciate your kindness in sharing, I look forward to building one for my grandson. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.