Building a Lumber Storage Shed at Pellow's Camp

Summer of 2011 Update:

I thought that I would finish The Stage building this summer, but other projects took priority.

When closing up the camp last week, I ran into some problems when attempting to re-attach the middle panel on The Stage. The beam above the opening had sagged a bit, so I had to chisel about 5mm off the majority of the panel’s top frame:

Attaching the panels to The Stage at the end of the summer -small.JPG The Stage opening has settled a bit in the middle so I had to chisel a bit off the frame of the .JPG

I certainly hope that I will find the time next summer to: carve a sign, screw on the rest of the battens, build a boat storage rack, and add a few shelves, hooks, etc. to the interior.

Last edited:
Frank, I assume the wide opening is for ease of access for loading and unloading boats. The rest of the time, what about a post under that beam to relieve the stress and reduce fatigue and drooping? For the other 99% of the things you do, even when used as a stage the post could be removed, but then replaced to extend the longevity of this building. :huh::dunno:

Frank, I assume the wide opening is for ease of access for loading and unloading boats. The rest of the time, what about a post under that beam to relieve the stress and reduce fatigue and drooping? For the other 99% of the things you do, even when used as a stage the post could be removed, but then replaced to extend the longevity of this building. :huh::dunno:
Yes Jonathan, that's the reason for the wide opening. Thanks for the suggestion about the post -I will try it next year.