It's another Friday so whats up

Mostly following NASCAR coverage this weekend.

Friday:
A little shop time this afternoon - turning practice. I'll pick up LOML from work this evening and drive to Valdosta for dinner and a little shopping.

Saturday:
Some yard work to do before the rain comes in. Keep up with the NASCAR coverage and watch the Nationwide race.

Sunday:
Start the day with our coffee and tea, then I'll prepare breakfast. Settle in for the NASCAR Cup race. Go Jimmy!!!

Just set up for a month long show. Kick off for the show and time with Granddaughter tomorrow (Always a treat. Glad my son and his wife want us involved with her.).

Church and a dinner at church Sunday. Back to work Monday, to get more pieces ready for another show December 5 and 6.

All in all, gonna' be a fun weekend.

Bruce

ordered the new bandsaw and drill press today. picked up the right glass tealight cups (thanks jim!). if it's nice like this out tomorrow, i'll be cutting and planing the lumber for more craft show stuff blanks. other than that, whatever the wife has planned for me... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got "Work" work to do this weekend, and need to get ready for visiting relatives. Probably no shop time....

Hopefully shop time tonight...single dad tomorrow while LOML has fun with some friends...Sunday more shop time and then its only a 3 day workweek!!

Well today I started a set of doors for the popcorn machine our church was given. Will finish that tomorrow and hopefully clean shop up some more. Shop is garage and I had the saw and planer out for some shims yesterday and cutting the plexiglass today. Soi the floor is a mess. I think the dust deputy will be coming my way. I really hate to buy it with the lawsuit they slapped on clearview, but I really need it and doubt I'd ever get around to making my own.

Garry

Last edited:
Tomorrow morning I'm going to build two sets of inset doors for the bookcase built-in I completed the week before. The doors are simple flat panel numbers and will be painted white to match the rest of the built in. The only part of the project of particular note is that this is first time I will have to install inset doors. I'm interested to see how challenging it will be to get a nice uniform reveal.

I'd love to do some steelhead fishing Sunday but the river flows are too high. Perhaps I'll go flyfishing for Coho's on the Puget Sound instead. :dunno:

A great day on Saturday. Molly Winton, a very accomplished turner is coming to Phoenix for an all day demo. So I am leaving here in the morning at o dark thirty. About 100 miles. But I want time for a decent breakfast and I want to get there early to get an upfront seat.

Sunday is church of course. When you're the pastor you are expected to be there! :thumb: Also church counsel meeting. Maybe not so fun. This church is 4 hours of driving time to and fro for me, so that pretty much fills the day.

Thanks, Don. I do know about Timber's Saturday hours. But this demo is out in Sun City at their rec hall. I'll stop at the HF on Bell Road.

Got nothin’ planned. Probably work on the organ. I’m at the point where I have to run around and get a bunch of little parts so I’ll probably put 30 miles on the truck going to different hardware stores ‘till I find what I want. That’s not the fun part.:(

Yesterday (Fri.) turned out to be a 'honey do' day. Fixed two toilets. Wimmins really want the toilets to work. I told her to just go out to the yard like I do, got some really unfriendly looks. Modified a bookshelf for her cookbooks. Just kept going on a bunch of little repairs I had put off.
Today going to my club muzzle loading shoot. Will probably issue targets and do scoring only. My left shoulder is tore up and I can't raise a rifle. Bummer. Hope to get back in time to see some of the Arkansas Razorback football game.
Tomorrow, church. Might even have time to see if my shop is still where I left it about six months ago. :(

Going to sticker up spalted beech lumber today. maybe clean some in the shop and butcher 2 deer. Might go deer shooting tonight or tomorrow. Might watch some of the Michigan State vs Penn State game. Sunday go to church and hope to visit some nuns to see about their plans for me to build them some choir stall seats.

Changed mind. Raining now. I don't care to drive 100 miles, round trip, just to stand in rain and watch other guys shooting.
Intead will go to my woodturning club meeting. A member is doing demos for new members. I don't have anything to learn :rolleyes: so will just stand back and watch.
So, why did I sharpen my big bowl gouge to take along? ;)

I am working on 6 x-mas gifts including 2 full size cradles for my granddaughters dolls, also working on my swap item. if any time left more staining. Looking forward to the holiday weekend because I have the entire week off following so LOTS of shop time coming:D Speaking of which I had better get back there now:p