What's your Zip Code??

My wife recently found two plastic HP gift cards in our desk drawer. We have no idea when or where we got them, and really didn't know what they were worth. So I called the 800 number on the back of the card to get some information.

Well after about 3 long minutes of trying to explain to the lady that I only wanted to find out what they were worth (they are good for $10 each for HP products) and that I didn't want to purchase anything at this time, she asked me for my Zip code. After I told her she wanted to know what state I was in. I said Montana, but right now I feel as though I'm in the State of Confusion.

After about 30 seconds of silence she said, " I'm sorry sir, but I don't show that State in our data base. What is the Zip code ?" I started to laugh and asked her if she was joking. She said no but she was still checking. I asked her where she was and she replied the Philippines.

I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

Jiggs Elphison

...and your point is??? :dunno::huh::eek:

I feel your pain but that's the way of corporate America these days. I understand the labor savings but what about credibility? :doh:

What is my point? I really wasn't trying to make a point. I just it was a funny story about looking for the State of Confusion.

I guess if i were trying to make a point it would be that it's a shame that so many companies have to outsource their business and why.

Maybe i am in the State of Confusion

Jiggs Elphison

Great Googly Moogly... That's a good one Jiggs. Customer service seems harder and harder to deal with these days. Thanks for the laugh!

I moved here from New Mexico, and have needed to tell countless Californians that I did NOT need a Green Card to work here, so I got a kick out of your story Jiggs.

What is my point?

Great story Jiggs. Made me laugh. I think Bill was saying "what's your point?" as a joke. As in, "yeah, welcome to the world of modern day customer support" or something like that. Right along the lines of "If illegal aliens want American jobs, they're gonna have to go to the Philippines" :D:D:D

I moved here from New Mexico, and have needed to tell countless Californians that I did NOT need a Green Card to work here, so I got a kick out of your story Jiggs.

When the Olympics were in Atlanta, people calling from New Mexico trying to buy tickets were told they had to go their country's consulate.
No amount of explaining helped. This continued all the way through the end of the event.