mobile base for the new bandsaw

Dan Noren

Staff member
this is the mobile base for the new bandsaw. it is 24" square, 3/4" plywood on a torsion box of 2x4's, with 2 in the middle, and doubled up on the ends. the casters are good for 200 lbs each. this should be able to handle that 165 pound bandsaw. :D:thumb:

Attachments

• bandsaw mobile base.jpg
    bandsaw mobile base.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 67
Looks similar to what I've done for my drill press. I'm still working on some cams to mount on the sides to gently lift it up enough to keep it from moving.

So far, I'm thinking just some little levers that sit flat on the ground in the non-moveable position that when you rotate up, let the platform go back on the wheels. Should be easy enough, but I've been pretty lazy lately... :D

Looks similar to what I've done for my drill press. I'm still working on some cams to mount on the sides to gently lift it up enough to keep it from moving.

So far, I'm thinking just some little levers that sit flat on the ground in the non-moveable position that when you rotate up, let the platform go back on the wheels. Should be easy enough, but I've been pretty lazy lately... :D

table and chairs done yet brent??? huh huh:)