Someone liked the look of the Oak

Chas Jones

______
________Another one to order....________Click on images for larger view.
________

....... Really like the rim treatment.
I've been pondering for a while about rim decoration Bernie, as most of my stuff is intended to be for 'use' as opposed to just display, I try to ensure a bowl of any size has some means of adding grip to aid moving when full of fruit etc. I've been trying to get a balance between decorative and practical.

Another aspect that may not be obvious is that I like to have aiming points for the major form contours, forming beads or coves in a piece at fixed points gives me the start and end points to work to. (it also ensures more care and attention so as not to destroy the detail)

Thanks for the comments folks, nice not to have that smug 'shed exit' feeling dashed by fellow turners.

Currently battling with the temptation to to have a turning frenzy and use up some of the many and varied blanks cluttering the place up or being a bit more sensible and just producing what is actually needed. :dunno:

nice looking bowl and edge treatment,, as for the wood if it were over here i would say it was white oak..and i vote to clean up your over flow and get a new batch coming in:D:thumb: